Unceremonious

She looked at the mirror as it reflected her in a satin cream gown; simple yet elegant

She looked at the mirror as it reflected her in a satin cream gown; simple yet elegant. Her hair was tied up in a neat up-do and her face was brushed with a thin layer of makeup.

Kira was getting ready to go to a wedding reception but she wasn't entirely sure whose it was. Taehyung had simply called her up to get ready for one and had promised he'd be by her door at 7. The clock read fifteen minutes before his said time and she settled comfortably onto the couch.

Thinking about him, the uneasiness she felt was slowly making its way back to her. After the visit of the mysterious man, he had vanished completely for a week. He didn't show up at the office, he didn't pick up any of her calls, he didn't reply to any of her texts until the morning of that very day.

She heard the doorbell ring and opened the door in anticipation. Taehyung stood in front of her, in an elegant tux, standing stylishly with an air of a lead drama actor. Not a hint of fear or discomfort was in his eyes, in fact, he was smiling brightly at her.

Kira wordless wrapped her arms around him, and hugged the life out of him. He reciprocated it with an equally warm hug, his palms running up and down her smooth back. When they pulled away, she frowned at his grinning face.

"Don't scare me like that."

He raised his eyebrow in question. "I scared you? I didn't mean to do that."

"A strange guy shows up at your house and you vanished for a week."

Realisation seemed to dawn on him. "Ah that. Something came up and I had to leave the city."

"Well, next time you do that, a small text wouldn't hurt." She sulked.

"Yes, baby. I'll keep that in mind." He cooed.

"Na-uh. Don't baby me. You're not going to get away with it that easily."

"I am sorry, Ma'am. I won't do it again. I am making it up to you by taking you out for free food." He grinned at her cheekily. The man had a point.

They had been driving a little over fifteen minutes and he still hadn't mentioned anything about who the man was. Curiosity got the best of her and she decided to try her luck.

"That guy who came there that night. He looked... intriguing."

Taehyung simply hummed a yes at that.

"Who was it exactly?"

"He is someone I uh, work with."

He was clearly holding something back and Kira felt like it was not her place to push him further. She decided to change the topic instead.

"So, whose wedding are we going to?"

He seemed to brighten up at the change of question. He smiled more naturally and replied with more enthusiasm. "Byun Baekhyun."