Insecure

Time did not seem to follow its normal stream

Time did not seem to follow its normal stream. It took its time creating impact in a way that turned it nightmarish. The wind blowing was supposed to soothe her; instead it pierced her, tearing her body and soul equally along with it.

She was on a cliff, a one that she had never seen before. She could feel the sky growing darker by the minute yet that seemed to be the only thing in motion. The looming figure of Taehyung stood next to her, getting her mind confused and dizzy. Every feature seemed to strike her like a closely sculptured art, painting a hole in her brain. She could feel every strand of hair that moved on his body yet none of her own as they seemed to turn numb.

His mouth was moving but her ears went deaf with silence. Each moment was agonisingly slow, etching a fear deeper and deeper into her soul. She was not sure if her breathing was ragged for all she could feel was a sense of hollowness as he came closer.

He's been standing close to her for a time longer than what comforted her; his normally warm touch seemed icy cold and she was struck with sudden paranoia. This slowly tortured her until she heard his velvet deep voice, uttering the words she'd been sure that she'd hear sooner.

"You're a fool."

She blinked in approval.

"You're no different from the others."

Her mind, despite not wanting to admit it, gave into it.

"You were always worthless."

Worth? What exactly measured worth when it ultimately succumbed to hopelessness?

"You lose, Park Minjee. You lose."

She pondered over those words; she had plenty of time anyways. The despair that she had thought she would have was nowhere in sight. In fact, she felt like she was rid off a burden that had weighed her down: the burden of truth. She knew that playing games with fate was always unfair, she just wanted to see how long it would last until it triumphed over her.

His hand came forcefully on her shoulders and he pushed her. Her body moved slow to the contact and took it's time staggering back as it finally lost its footing. And then, she fell. She fell endlessly.

Gasping for air, drenched in cold sweat, Kira finally woke up.

***

People had called her crazy a million times but she didn't realise how much of it she was until she started avoiding Taehyung. A dream or a nightmare is not something to be taken seriously, you're supposed to wake up and forget all about it the next day but this particular one was affecting her in a way she loathed.

The first few weeks of when they had started dating, a small part of her had always built a wall. It was as if she was expecting him to put on a switch and tell her that it was all a lie. When she had confessed her love for him, she had believed or at least hoped that she was void of that thought but her vision proved her wrong.