05// "Talk not flirt"

At the charity ball. My dress matches Chuck's choice of tie tonight. Navy blue. I chose an off the shoulder dress with a flaring ruffled high and low gown.

Chuck advised me to stay by his side as we greet our guest along with his new blonde girlfriend from Prague. She's nice but too nice. I stare at her trying to read something off of her, I can feel that she's hiding something.

Chuck is obviously much more experienced and better at creating small talk then I am. I stand beside Chuck quietly with a smile as he speaks about Rome with a fellow business investor. Just as Eva looks my way, I turn away quickly.

I catch Thomas Devenport enter the ball but I feel slightly disappointed as I don't see Logan beside him.

"Thomas Devenport has arrived." I mutter to Chuck. He excuses us as well himself from the former conversation.

"You've been quiet." Chuck says as we approach Thomas. "Forgive me, I'm not very good at socializing." I respond with a hint of sarcasm as I earn a glare from Chuck.

"Lena. Chuck and..." Thomas trailed off as he looked at Eva with a grin. "Eva." Chuck says. "Pleasure to meet you, Eva. I'm Thomas Devenport." He says and shakes Eva's hand.

"Good to see you, Thomas." I say with a smile and he forces me into a hug.

He releases me much to my satisfaction. "You look beautiful. You all look rather pleasing." Thomas says.

"Thank you." I say "It's a Bass trait." Chuck responds and I chuckle. I stop as I see Chuck send me a side glare.

"I see Logan couldn't join us." Chuck says "He's just running late." Thomas responds and I feel a hint of happiness.

"Eva, why don't you go show Thomas where the bar is? I need a moment with Lena." Chuck says and Eva nods "Very well."

I shoot Chuck a perplexed look "A moment for what?" I ask once the two are out of earshot.

"Dean Hamilton is here." He says and I look at him wide-eyed. "Where?" I ask as I look around.

"Armani suit, four o'clock." Chuck responds and I look towards that sight. I see a well-built man who looks to be in his mid-twenties. He is unexpectedly attractive with his jet black hair and piercing green eyes.

"Lena, stop drooling." Chuck says as he snaps me out of my thoughts. "I'll go talk to him." I say and move towards his direction but Chuck stops me.

"No. Dean is a very seducing man and you just so happen to look like every one of his past girlfriends. I will go talk to him, get him a few drinks to wear him down then propose the project." Chuck says "And if he refuses?" I ask.

"He won't." Chuck responds out of his typical self- assurance "But if he does?" I ask quirking my eyebrow.

"Then you can talk to him. Talk not flirt." He says and gives me a stern look before walking away to approach Dean. I don't flirt even when they're as good looking as he is.

I've been watching Chuck and Dean for half an hour until Nate swooped me away into a dance.

"How did everything go with Logan?" Nate asks as we slow dance. "He was annoying but very sentimental." I respond and he chuckles.