39// A Russian Twist

Back again with the incognito status, Lena?

-Gossip Girl

To where we first met officially was rather ambiguous but after pondering for an hour I figured out what she meant.

She was never Shay Jonas, co-worker and friend

She was the one who taunted me and one night she told me that

At the hospital, the least private place to meet. Not the choice I would have made if I were a circumspect deceiver in hiding.

She demanded I tell no one but I told two, she didn't know.

I had her for once, or so I thought.

My eyes inconspicuously searched the people around me as I sat near the fountain, sunglasses concealed my eyes and a long coat covered my body.

The wind was blowing, leaves were being picked from the ground and rustling together.

From the window, I could see Nate in the waiting room with a baseball cap and a brochure of cancer in his hands. Wrong choice of brochure when in a hospital, at least some women sympathized for him much to his liking.

I averted my eyes and looked over my shoulder, Logan was still near the coffee cart. He wore a baseball cap as well, drinking coffee and pretending to read a sports magazine.

I turned around and checked my phone as it vibrated, Logan had texted me.

"Are you ok?"

"She's taking too long." I texted

I stood up from the seat, maybe she couldn't find me so I walked.

That's when I was blinded.

A lady with a large floppy hat crashed into me, her cold coffee spilling all over my coat.

She gasped "I'm so sorry. I-I must clean this up" She said frantically, her voice wasn't recognizable. She had a fluent Russian accent and she concealed her face from me, all I saw was strands of her golden blonde hair.

"It's fine." I said calmly even though I was a bit upset.

"No, no,no. This must have been expensive, please let me help" She insisted as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the nearest juice bar.

She asked for napkins "Hurry" She demanded

When a herd of men and women from a conference came out the doors, her gripped tightened and she forced me to run with her.

Away from the crowd and away from the hospital.

"What are you doing? Stop it" I demanded as I tried to pull my hand out of her grip, I resisted but she pulled.

I pulled harder with a recoil, my hand smacked the hat off of her head and I saw her.

"Let me go or I'll pepper spray your freaking face" I threatened

"You mean this one?" She asked as she held up her hand, my pepper spray in her grip.

I patted my coat pocket to find it flat and empty.

She released my hand "Don't go looking for your cell, I swiped that too" She said s

"Was pick-pocketing a habit back when you were young?" I Scoffed

"Something like that" She smirked

"Are you really my half-sister?" I asked her straightforwardly.