14// the bitter truth from an Archibald

Gossip Girl here, today will be the day one of New York's top fashion designers will be wed. Not just any fashion designer, Madaline Collier. Our Material Girl is going to get a new daddy, the third one's the charm they say. We all get daddy issue, when it comes to Lena it gets intricate just like everything else revolving around here. A little birdie told me, the golden boy isn't completely over his presumed one true love. Tough luck, Lena. When you get love, you get it rough. Many girls would be dying to be in her place but it seems she already chose. The mysterious lover over the golden boy, nothing gets more golden than Nate Archibald.

"LENA!"

The once angelic and sweet voice of my mother is now clamorous and repugnant. My body is exhausted from the errands and lack of sleep the past few days. One more day and I'll be considered insomniac. People's magazine claimed a bride is beautiful and completely marvelous during her wedding, I'm willing to sue for false advertisement.

My mother has become the most odious woman I have come to know the past week. Just last week she broke the news about her wedding being rescheduled to today. She was frantic then but worst now. While I have been working immensely she's been getting a good nights rest on her satin covered bed.

If I would've known accepting the offer of being the maid of honor was a stressful job then I would have declined it then and there. It's too late to back down now.

I race upstairs, my legs almost failing below me. My eyes droopy and restless, my face could be compared to Droopy the cartoon dog from the MGM cartoons.

I walk into the open double doored bedroom, my mother standing in front of a three-way mirror. Her ivory wedding gown hugs all of her curves on her body, flowing smoothly below her waist to the floor. Her hair is pinned back into a bun with a pinned veil inserted into the bun.

She looks utterly beautiful that at this moment I want to hug her and maybe even shed a tear. This is my first time seeing her in a wedding dress about to marry the man of her dreams. She was meant to be a bride even if she had to do it twice.

Her doe eyes meet mine from the mirror reflection. Her eyebrows furrow as she opens her mouth to speak "What the hell are you wearing?" She asks bluntly.

She spins around, she walks off her platform as she approaches me. And then the desire to hug her and tell her how beautiful she looked was ruined.

"This is the dress you wanted me to wear." I respond as she scans the dress top to bottom. The look of disgust and anger in her brown eyes.

I look down at the gown, a burgundy chiffon dress. V-neck with a lace bodice, extending to the arms and stopping around the back leaving an open back.

"I know." She says, her scowl turning into a smile. Her ghastly eyes shift into a light mood, matching her smile.

I furrow my brows as I look at her perplexed. "I was joking." She says, chuckling as she walks back up the platform.

She just played me, she joked around in a pleasant mood. Quite a shocker.

"I know I've been a major pain in the ass this past week. I'm sorry sweetheart but you've made this day perfect." She says, she extends her hand out to me.

I place my hand over hers "You deserve to have the perfect wedding." I say as she encases my hand with hers.

"With the perfect maid of honor and daughter. You are amazing." She says, a gentle smile on her lips as her eyes well up.