25// the wrong goodbye

Transitions in life are usually marked by major events: birthdays, graduations, weddings. But the greater transitions often come out of smaller moments, when we stop and look at who we are. Because each time we see how far we've come, we also see how far we still have to go. In order to fully transform, we might need to free ourselves of everything we've been holding onto to send us on our new path: the right one. But if at the end, you find the person you've become is not the person you want to be, you can always turn around and try again. And maybe the next time you won't be so alone when it's over. Too late to turn back now.
-Gossip Girl

3 weeks later

Andrew Tyler was able to dig up dirt on Dr. Floydd for providing false information to his patients along with other criminal activities.

There were no ties to Fiona which set her free, she was off the hook. Dr. Floydd is being prosecuted while Fiona is sipping on Margaritas in the Hamptons.

She left Augustina to be exploited but Logan decided not press charges. According to Augustina, Fiona threatened her on numerous accounts.

"What are you going to spend your summer doing, L?" Serena asks as she zips up her suitcase.

I sit on Serena's bed with my legs crossed as she has just finished packing.

"Probably patching things up with Logan." Blair inserts as she walks in.

I look down at my hands as she brought him up. Logan and I have no spoken much since the truth came out. Yesterday, the police was still asking him questions along with Augustina.

"Lena, no." Serena coos with a frown.

I look up from my hands and to her "What?" I ask

"Don't give up. You two have been through so much together. You're my favorite couple, I always think about you two lasting forever because you two just fit." Serena says.

"He loves you and you love him. Just kiss and everything will go back to normal." Blair says with a nonchalant shrug.

We can't just kiss and make up, this isn't like last time.

"Easy for you to say. You sleep with Chuck and Louis still wants to marry you." I retort

"It's called true love." She states as she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"True love only exist in fairytales." I say

Blair rolls her eyes " You obviously don't see what you and Logan have." She huffs

Blair had to leave to catch her flight to Monaco with Louis and Serena had to catch hers to California to stay with her grandmother.

I stopped by the Empire but Nate and Chuck weren't home. I called Liam but he was already home, in California. Dan left for the Hamptons with Eric and all of my friends were gone.

I walk down seventh avenue alone with an iced coffee in hand. I feel like I'm missing something, like I'm empty inside. Maybe it's just that I need to cool off from this heat.

"Lena." I hear a soft feminine voice.

I look up to see Augustina, a sheepish smile yet terrified one.