22// believe me

Hugging a pillow to my abdomen as I lay on Serena's bed, I watch the television. The news channel is currently on and is podcasting old videos from Lily's arrest and referring to it.

I place a mini Oreo on my tongue before shutting my mouth and chewing the chocolate goodness.

Footsteps emerge from the hall followed by Serena. I grab the remote and switch the T.V off just as she walks in.

"I thought you had plans?" She asks as she sits at the edge of the bed. The mattress sinks just beneath my feet.

"I did." I respond

"Oh. What did you do?" She asks as she takes an Oreo from my box.

"Watch T.V. I never specified." I say with a smile as I reach for another Oreo.

Serena shakes her head in disapproval as she slightly grins.

"I have a brunch to attend to at my mom's. You're coming right? You're apart of the family." She says

"Ha. Nice try. You don't think I know Chuck will be there." I scoff

"L, he's depressed." Serena says with a frown.

"Did Jack Daniels shut down?" I ask sarcastically.

Serena glares at me then snatches the box of Oreos from me. "You'll spoil your appetite." She scolds.

"I'm not going." I state as I cross my arms in front of my chest.

My phone rings from the feet of the bed, the screen is brightly lit and readable. Logan is calling.

"Not gonna answer?" Serena asks she notices my lack of movement.

"I can't talk to him when all I wanna do is tell him that his mom is an evil woman." I respond with a sigh.

Serena purses her lips before she grabs the ringing phone and answers it.

"Hey Logan" She says into the phone with joy.  "Mhm. She's in the shower right now."

I watch Serena's expression as she speaks into the phone. Nothing to read, just her usual facial movements when she talks on the phone.

"Mhm. Yeah, ok. Bye, Logan." Serena says before she ends the call.

She sets the phone down on the bed and lets her eyes wander around the room as she purposely stalls.

"Serena." I say

She shifts her eyes to me " He told me tell you to stop avoiding him and just talk to him." She says.

I let out a puff of air from my cheeks as I rest my chin on my knees that are pulled to my chest.

"Must be nice to have boyfriend who knows everything about you like you don't shower during the day but at night." Serena says as gives me a look.

Logan may be the perfect boyfriend but his intuitive sense and knowledge can be a pain in the ass.

0o0
The elevator rides up to Lily's penthouse, somewhere I haven't been in a long time. The same old walls, the same old elevator music.

Serena turns to me and reaches for my hair. I smack her hand away "For the last time, leave me alone. You wanted me to come so here I am." I say in an annoyed tone.

She sighs and crosses her arms. She is bothered by my appearance. My jeans, t-shirt, and sandals. A casual California beach style, perfect for the warm weather.