37// Lie to Me

Spotted: What's this? A nettled Material Girl and The Spectator's finest executive, something seems out of the ordinary. 

The atmosphere in the coffee shop was serene and full of joyous vibes. Espresso and Colombian aromas coursing in the caffeinated air. The customers were quiet and tranquil around the area except for one.

Diana wasn't the one creating an outburst, it was me.

Infuriated and frustrated as I took it out on her for the words she had said that put me in this state.

"How would you know that.. how would you expect me to believe you when you approached me an hour ago claiming to know about me? You're feeding me lies that I can see straight through. You can't bullshit me." I told her, my tone was brusque.

My chest heaved up and down roughly, my eyes stared at her with such disdain.

The crowd around us had paused their activities and diverted their attentions to me, the girl causing on scene.

I stormed out of the hippie coffee shop as quick as I could. My pace was rapid and my destination was uncertain, I kept walking and so did she.

"Lena, I know you find it hard to believe..." Diana spoke before I interrupted.

I spun around and faced her "My dad was not in the fucking Russian Mafia. He was a good man and don't you dare try and taint his image!" I spat.

She took a step back, her smug smirk was long gone.

"I wouldn't tell you lies when I've just met you, it doesn't make sense. I approached you to genuinely help you, Lena. I would never try ruin the image of your father, I'm not trying to. I'm sure he was a wonderful man." She said softly.

"Why would you want to help me you don't even know me?" I asked bluntly.

"Because I know what it's like to be a young confused girl who has misfortune following her. When I heard about you, you reminded me of me a long time ago." She explained, her eyes displayed pain.

"Then you must know what it's like to put trust into so many people who just screw you over and you end up with none." I said, my tone had calmed.

"I have." She said quietly.

"I can't trust you. I can't even trust myself. I've been doing some stupid shit lately and all I have to blame is myself." I said softly.

With my arms wrapped around myself, I walked away in the cold night with no jacket and no dignity.

As I reached the apartment door, my phone went off as Logan called. I ignore the phone as I open the door, there's no point when I'm here.

The door closed with a small kick and Logan came basically running from the bedroom.

"Do you not know what the green button is for? To accept phone calls." Logan said, Obviously upset or irritated or both.

"I didn't answer because I'm already here." I responded as I tossed my phone onto the couch  and kicked off the heels that were crushing my toes. Stupidest thing I've heard is that beauty is pain.

"I was worried, I texted and called." He said still upset.

"And I texted back." I said plainly as I went into the kitchen.

"A text saying "went to get coffee with a friend, be home soon." That doesn't very comforting considering Shay was once your friend is now your freaking stalker." He retorted.