31// The Inside

Chapter 31

Chapter 31

In literature, there are thousands of endings. Some happy, some sad. Some end with a twist, some stories open the door for something more. And then there are fairytale endings, where the girl gets her prince, and endings that turn you introspective about your own life and your place in the world. And then there's the ending that you saw coming a mile away but somehow still takes you by surprise. But don't worry my Upper East Side friends, this story isn't ending. We're just at the start of a brand new chapter.

-Gossip Girl

Dan Humphrey called Logan and I over to the Penthouse at the Palace, said he has something to tell us.

We arrive, meeting Serena in the elevator. She smiles gleefully, her teeth showing.

"I'm so happy for you guys. It warms my heart knowing you two are getting married." Serena says, her hand held over her chest as she looks at Logan and I with soft eyes. "You really scared me when I saw that Gossip Girl post." She adds, ruining the moment.

The mere mention shifts Logan's entire mood. I can feel his body tense even though we're not touching, his body and face says it all.

The elevator doors slide open, Serena linking her arms with mine and Logan's, dragging us out.

"Good, we're all here." A smiling Dan says, clapping his hands together and rubbing them.

Blair, Chuck, Rufus, Lily,and Nate are here as well.

"What is this all about?"
"Is everything all right?"
"This isn't about me, right?"
"Yeah, what's going on, Dan?"
"This is going to be fun."

"I'm sorry to call everyone here on such short notice, but, uh All right, you know how there's been all this speculation about the book that's being published by an anonymous author?" Dan says

"I don't" I say, Gossip Girl has been my least interest for a while now.

"Yeah. Gossip Girl said it was about us."

"Yeah, it was probably written by some loser who doesn't even know us."

"Well, not exactly. I am that loser. I wrote it. And it is based on you, sort of all of you." Dan remarks, a serious look across his face.

Dan has passed around a copy to each of us, Lily and I had opened one and skimmed through reading a rather comical part.

"Hey. "-"What are you doing? I thought you were waiting downstairs."-"I'm tired of waiting. When are you gonna tell them?"-"Soon. I promise."- "Soon" isn't soon enough. It's time they all knew about us."