09// Crime and Prejudice

Morning, Upper East Siders. Hope you had a good night's sleep Or at least a good night's play.

Xoxo Gossip girl

The three of us have breakfast, it's a silent meal which nothing but the sound of the utensils clinging to the dishware.

Mom came back home with her fiance, Illegally. She snuck him into the country through a private jet. My mother has committed a crime and she knows it although she can care less. We all do crazy things when we're in love, that's a fact. I worry though, there's the option that she'll get caught.

Logan and I had to reschedule our breakfast date as we both ran into some issues, none of which we discussed. It was a one message exchange and nothing more.

"The flowers are nice." Steve says with a smile as he breaks the silence.

"Sebastian replaces them every morning" I say and mom gives me a questioning look "The gardener." I clarify as I raise my eyebrow at her.

"What happened to Greg?" She asks

"He quit" I respond with uncertainty as I take a guess.

"He cared for my tulips very well." She says with a sigh of disappointment

"Sebastian is great, don't fret." I say

"You know our gardener?" She asks "Yes." I respond

"How's Nate?" Steve asks with a smile as mom smiles as well but there won't be anymore when I explain what happened the past few months. I guess I should've informed my mom about this but honestly, I forgot.

At the Waldorf's, Serena and I ascend the staircase and go into Blair's room.

"I have Collin issues." Serena announces as we walk in where Blair lies in her bed with her sleep mask on.

Blair kicks us out before we could speak, I saw her duvet puff up but she fixed it. It was as if she was hiding something underneath her covers. It seemed odd to me especially since Blair threw us out but then again she is Blair.

So Serena and I grab a coffee and talk. She goes first and vents about Collin, she knows the relationship is toxic but she can't stop thinking about him. Especially, since he proposed the idea of them going on vacation for a few days which she agreed to. I honestly still think dating her professor is bad.

"My mom smuggled Steve back into America." I blurt not being able to hold it back in anymore. "She got back last night and we had breakfast which was awkward and got worst when they asked about Nate and I because I forgot to tell them that we broke up." I babble then catch my breath.

"I have so many questions, I don't know where to begin." Serena began but unfortunately, I only had one answer for one.

"It's been a hectic morning." I say followed by a sigh.

Mom and Steve were disappointed, they were probably the two most Nate and Lena shippers.

Serena stops walking and furrows her eyebrows as she focuses on something. I follow her line of vision to see Blair walk out from a bottom staircase as she adjusts her skirt which so happens to be on backward. She walks away without noticing us then Chuck exits the same staircase, buttoning up his suit jacket.