35// Drunk and Stupid

Unedited:....

The sun was beginning to rise, the apartment was just barely beginning to light up naturally. The lamps were on, the ceiling lights as well, and so was the hysteria.

The Devenport industries has a conference meeting in the Dominican Republic, CEO's attendance is required. With Thomas' retirement nearing, Logan's presence is mandatory along with his father. There was no say in it, it was a demand.

A demand I did not favor. I don't want him to go, we have many things to discuss. He knows we need to talk, that we need to have a seat and open up to each other but instead he's running around the apartment packing.

"I don't understand why you can't skip this one meeting. You're not CEO yet, you don't have to go." I said. My arms are crossed in front of my chest as I watch Logan pack up last minute.

"We've already discussed this. I have to go, when my dad retires it's just going to be me and I still have a lot to learn. I need this." Logan said.

He walked into the bathroom, shuffling through the cabinet.

"So you're just going to leave right in the middle of a crisis." I said with a hint of annoyance.

"What crisis?" He asked from the bathroom.

My eyes rolled "Don't play stupid, Logan." I warned, my tone grew stern.

He walked out of the bathroom, his eyes glancing at me seriously.

"We need to talk. Now isn't the time to get up and leave." I state

"Talk about what?" He asked in a irritable home. He left the bedroom and headed to the living room where I followed.

"The elephant in the room." I responded as I stood in front of the dining table and he searched the couch.

"We can talk after I get back." He said, his focus lying on whatever he was trying to find.

"I want to talk now." I said.

"I don't." He sighed in annoyance.

"Why?" I asked provoked by his response.

"Because if I tell you then you're going to know and that means you'll be involved. I don't want to drag you into my problems." He said, his tone growing angry.

"I'm already involved, Logan. What do you think marriage is about?" I retorted

"Just not now. When I get back, I promise." He said, his voice had lowered and settled.

"How long is that?" I asked, my voice had settled.

"I'll be back before Thanksgiving." He responded as he finally found what he was searching for.

He returned to the bedroom, to his suitcase.

"That's two weeks." I said lowly. Thinking about how long that was made my heart sink.

"They'll go by faster than you know it" He said as he zipped up his suitcase, he was done packing.

He was going to leave.

I ran my hands through my hair before I spoke "Two weeks seems like a lifetime for me. It's not just that we haven't talked is the reason why I don't want you go. I don't you want to leave me." My said came out soft.

Logan paused, he turned around and approached me. His eyes gazed down at me softly as he placed his hands on the sides of my face "I'm not leaving you, my love. I'd never leave you." 

"Then don't go." I whispered.

His eyes left mine as his hands fell from my face "I have to." He said softly as his eyes returned to me. "But I'll be back, I promise."