~One~

I watched as the lights above me were turned on. I tried to hold back the pained cry that wanted to escape my throat.

After about five minutes, I tilted my head as two of the bars that the handlers fed me were tossed into the water. I had already eaten today, and this was twice the amount of food I was usually fed.

I heard a sharp whistle and I swam to the surface, with just my head above water. I knew better than to disobey the whistle.

I heard the gasps of shock as I surfaced, I was slightly confused to see four new people. Maybe they were more gullible than the old handlers...

I swam over to the edge of my small pool cautiously, but I batted my eyelashes at the males in the group.

"Maybe she's friendly?" One of the younger ones asked.

The older male shook his head, "And maybe she's tricking us, there's no telling what HYDRA did to her. There's probably a reason why there's a bullet proof glass wall between us," he stated, much to my agitation.

I sunk below the surface, grabbing the bars of food the group had thrown into the water.

I ate them at the very bottom of my small pool, I wouldn't be letting them take these from me.

After I'd finished, I looked up to see someone leaning over the barrier to try to see through the dark water.

I quickly propelled myself upwards at an alarming speed; well, alarming to others.

I leapt out of the water, grabbing the young man from earlier, and pulled him into the water, "Leo!" I heard the older man yell as I pulled 'Leo' into the water with a splash.

He jumped into the water after us, holding a knife.

I released Leo and swam to the bottom. No humans I'd ever met could get to the bottom without drowning trying to get back up. It was coldest down here, but it was safer than by the surface.

I watched as the two escaped my pool.