~Three~

I had been moved again, they'd shot me with another tranquilizer.

I woke up in a completely new pool; this one was much bigger than the last one I'd been in.

I swam around cautiously, there were plenty of rocks and hiding places for me. Unlike my other completely empty pools. This one felt more natural, it was warm too. And the bottom was sand instead of solid rock. The deepest part was about fifteen foot deep, and when you got closer to the walls, the depth decreased. The shallowest part was about four foot. Then it cut off to concrete wall, like my other homes. There was several feet of cement floor before the other wall could be reached.

I heard something splash in the water a few times, snapping my out of a small trance. I slowly swam towards the noise, full of curiousity.

It was a person, he had white hair with brown roots and was wearing casual looking clothes. He was sitting a few feet from the water, just out of reach.

I poked my head above the water a few feet from the edge as well, still curious.

"My name is Pietro," he informed me before asking, "What is your name?"

I blinked, I didn't have one.

"What do people call you?" he tried again after a few moments of silence.

I couldn't reply if I wanted to. I didn't have fully developed vocal cords. I stared at him blankly.

"You cannot speak?" he asked after another few moments of silence.

I blinked at him again, tilting my head to the other side.
.
.
.
Three hours. I never thought someone could talk about themselves for three hours straight. But it was nice to have someone talk to me in a nice way, it seemed to help him in a way.

I leaned against the wall of the pool, leaning on my elbows.

Pietro stopped talking and put a hand in the bag behind him.

I slipped back into the water quickly, scared of what he would pull out.

He heard my sudden splash, "It is alright!" he soothed at my hasty retreat. He took out a bottle of water out of the bag, "I was only getting water," he told me gently, shaking it to assure me.

After a few moments, I slowly, cautiously swam back to where I had been.

He smiled as I made my way back, "Yes, it is alright," he assured me.