Chapter 11

Everyone except for Percy and Annabeth left the Poseidon cabin. When they were alone, the looked at each other awkwardly.

"Well, I guess we should get this over with," Percy said. Annabeth nodded and went to the bathroom to change. Percy went over to the thermostat on the wall and put the temperature to 10 degrees. A few minutes passed and it had started to get cold.

Annabeth came out the bathroom. She was only wearing her bra and underwear on. When she saw Percy staring she blushed. Percy blushed, too. Without making eye contact, Percy quickly walked over into the bathroom to change.

Annabeth sat on the Percy's bed waiting for him. Since it was cold, she had to wrap her arms around herself. 

I am so going to get Thalia for this, she thought. Percy came out of the bathroom in only his boxers blushing. Annabeth soon caught herself staring at him with her mouth open she quickly closed it and looked away, scooting to one side of the bed so Percy can get in. Percy got into the bed with Annabeth and lay down, Facing away from her. Annabeth did the same.

For a few minutes they just laid like that, shivering because of the cold temperature. Annabeth couldn't take it anymore. She turned around and snuggled with Percy, but he was still turned away.

He hesitated, but then turned around and snuggled back at Annabeth. Soon they found themselves hugging each other in the bed, which made them feel even more awkward.

Despite how she felt, Annabeth actually liked it. Being in Percy's strong, warm arms made her feel comfortable, which soon lulled her to sleep.

Thalia and Nico went into the Hades cabin. Thalia had never been in there before. It was so dark inside. There was a huge skull on the wall, which was kind of creepy. There were torches with green fire on each corner where the walls touched. Nico's bed was in the middle of the cabin, which was covered in clothes and sheets. Other than that the cabin was really empty. Nico didn't seem to own much stuff.

This is going to be a long night, Thalia thought.

Nico went over and fixed his bed. He motioned Thalia to come sit with him. Thalia sat next to Nico and an awkward silence came over them.

"Thalia, did you really mean it?" Nico asked.

"Mean what?" Thalia said.

"That you had a crush on me," Nico said, not making eye contact with her.

"Yes," Thalia said blushing. They were silent again.

"Thalia, do you remember when Percy asked me who my crush was?" Nico asked.

"Yes," Thalia replied, afraid of what he'lll say next.

"I didn't say because...because it was you," Nico confessed.

"Nico," Thalia whispered. "You know I can't be with you since I'm a hunter. Artemis would kill me." Thalia paused.

"So that's why I'm leaving the hunters," Thalia said. Nico turned to her shocked.

"Your- your leaving the hunters because- because of me," Nico stammered. Thalia nodded.

"No, don't do that," Nico said. "you can't give up being a hunter because of me. I don't even know why you like me. I'm lonely, dark, people find me scary and creepy, and-"

Thalia interrupted him with a kiss on the lips. Nico was shocked, but then deepened the kiss making it more passionate. After a while they broke apart, breathing heavily and blushing deeply.

"I love you, Nico," Thalia said.

"I love you too, Thalia," Nico said.

Turns out the night wasn't going to be so bad after all.