Ella

27 January 2018 -
Hey guys, this is my first ever werewolf book so please bare with me on this one. I know it might not be the best but I'm giving it a shot.

Thanks for reading.

Beep, beep, beep. My eyes snapped open, the sound of my annoying alarm woke me up. I looked at my phone, 7:03am. I pressed snooze and went back to sleep.

Not even 5 minutes my next alarm went off. "Are you kidding me?!" I groaned. I quickly went on my phone and turned all my alarms off.

"Ella! You're still asleep?!" My body shot out of bed, it was my dad.

"Dad, it's only been 5 minutes " I mumble crashing back down onto the bed. "It's 8am!" He shouted. Shit, I'm late. I heard the door close and footsteps, he probably went down to go to work himself.

I jolted out of bed and ran to my draw, I pulled out the first clothes I saw. Once throwing them on I rushed to the toilet, I quickly used the toilet and brushed my teeth.

I had a bath last night and dried my hair, so all I did was leave it open. I ran down stairs, "hurry up, I have to drop you off. You're lucky I didn't leave you to walk" he said putting his shoes on.

I had two bites of my cereal and ran out of the house to my dads car.

I sat in the front, "I put Apple juice and two cereal bars in your bag, you're also sat on your coat" my dad spoke whilst pulling out of our driveway.

"Thanks dad, but you're going to have to drive faster old man".

I looked down at myself, I was wearing a white shirt with black jeans  okay, I didn't do that bad. I then quickly unclipped my seat belt and put my coat on. I then clipped it back.

I sighed, it was 8:20am I wasn't doing that bad, we were only a minute away.

My dad basically saved my life. I combed down my light brown hair.

"Bye old man, have a fun day at work!" I screamed banging the door, and running into school.

I ran to my locker, there stood both of my best friends. "I know I'm late" I spoke when seeing them. They both laughed at me, "you slept in didn't you?" Maria said laughing at me. Maria had jet black hair and green eyes she was also 5"4. "Yes" I groaned out. "We can tell" laughed Becca. Becca had blond hair and brown eyes she was also 5"4 whereas I was the odd one out, I was 5"6.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them. "Okay, let's get to lesson" I mumbled looking at the time on my phone.
~
My day had gone extremely slow. I was currently sat at Maria's house with Becca and Jacob. Jacob was your typical high school boy. He was on the football team, very good looking and was actually very smart. However he's never had a girlfriend. Even though many girls fall over him, he's very faithful to his future mate.

As well as many of the high schoolers. All waiting for their mate, all my friend circle was included. There was probably about 2% that weren't waiting for their mates and got with anyone. Most people they dated or slept with were humans.

"So are you excited for tomorrow?" Jacob spoke keeping his eyes glued to the tv. "Tomorrow?" I asked confusedly. My head tilted to the side trying to think.

All heads snapped at me and laughed, "I don't know maybe it's your birthday tomorrow" They all laughed.

"Oh, Yh. I totally forgot about that" I said biting my lip. When we turn 18 you can officially find your mate.

My mate could of been anyone that I've met before but you only ever find out when your 18. "I can't wait until I'm 18, then I can find my mate. Hopefully I find him on my birthday" Becca spoke.

She was the youngest out of us all Jacob and Maria both have the same birthdays, and then it's me. However none of them had found their mate yet.

"Yh like we did" laughed Maria.

"Wait a minute, either your mate is from a different pack or your mate hasn't turned 18 yet" I said looking at the two of them.

"Thanks Sherlock, we didn't figure that one out already" Jacob said patting my back.

"We're still going running tomorrow, right? Because if any of you break tradition I will kill you" I glared at all of  them. They just nodded their heads and went back to the movie we were watching.

Ting

'Get home missy, have you seen the time? You might be 18 tomorrow but you still live in my house' ~ old man.

It was 10:57pm, my eyes widened. "Hey you guys I've got to go home. It's getting late and dad just texted me" I stood up and start getting my things together.

"I'll drop you off on heading home too" Becca spoke. "Guess where all going home than, see you tomorrow" Jacob said getting up. Before we could even reply he was out of the house.

"El" I looked up to see both Maria and Becca staring at me. I nodded my head telling them to continue. "What if Jacob is your mate?" Maria spoke. Staring at me. "I don't know, I wouldn't mind. If I can love him like a best friend I'm sure I can love him as a mate if it came to that" I said biting my lip. "Yh, we just wanted to put it out there, I mean anything can happen tomorrow" Becca spoke putting her coat on.

"Yh, but hopefully it's all good" I said walking towards the door.