20

Sweat was running down my face. My breathing was extremely heavy; my legs felt like jelly.

I had just reached the last checkpoint on the 20th lap within 15 minutes. I wanted the cake so I was going as fast as I could.

'Ella'

My eyes snapped to my mate. My breathing was still very heavy. He held a water bottle in his hand & passed it across to me. I unscrewed the lid & was just about to put the bottle against my lips before It was snatched out of my hands.

'Are you stupid? Get your breath back first, then drink the water' Wesley spoke using his Alpha voice on me. I just simply nodded my head at him not bothering to speak. Once my breathing had steadied he brought the bottle closer to my face. My hands wrapped around the bottle on top of his. 'I'm pretty capable of drinking water' I spoke squinting my eyes at him. He didn't reposed, he just moved the bottle closer & slightly tipped it back.

'You're going to finish all of it' he spoke a while after my futile attempt of pushing the bottle away. Knowing he wasn't going to budge I hurriedly drank the water. 'Slow downn' he whined out. But it was too late, I had already emptied the bottle.

A smirk was on my face, 'See I didn't di-' I was then cut off by my own hiccup. Wesley then tipped his head back laughing obnoxiously loud at me. 'You deserve that' he said in between his laughter whilst I was just stood drenched in my own sweat hiccuping away.

'What do you want? You're annoying' I spoke once he has calmed down. He then looked at me not saying a word he slowly scratched the back of his neck. His muscles bulging at the action. He was so muscular & tall.

'I have to go in a little while' he said grabbing my hands. My body then went back to panic mode. It was like a switch that suddenly went off. Ruby was itching to come to surface. She would beg at his feet not to leave but I knew he had too. 'N-now?' I stuttered in disbelief.

'Ell, calm down. I'm not leaving forever & I'm only two packs away. You're my main priority, I'll be on standby when you need me' he said pushing me into a hug. I know I acted tough on the outside but down I craved my mate. 'It's hard being an alpha, you're responsible for everyone. My pack needs me just like this pack needs you. My wolf craves to be back to take back the leadership' he spoke rubbing my back.

I pulled away, hurt by his words 'What? So your wolf doesn't crave me? Well sorry for being such an inconvenience to you'.

'Sweetheart, you know what's not what I mean. The thought of returning to my pack without you is going to drive me insane but I know it's for the best. You bet your arse once you're done with school I'm taking you with me' he said softly holding my chin so I was looking at him.

I then hiccuped ruining the moment.

'Sorry, when are you leaving?' I asked my cheeks flushed. 'My beta heard some rumours about rouges so I'm leaving now. I had to say bye to you first'.

I then wrapped my arms around him not caring that I stink of sweat. 'You're going to make me stink, my pack will mistake me for the rouges' he said once we pulled away. I laughed at him, 'good' I mumbled.

'Pumpkin, do me a favour, please avoid wearing that stupid Jacob pups clothes. I hate him' He spoke grabbing my shoulder & looking me directly in the eye.

'But what if I'm naked?' I smirked up at him. I was then greeted by a lovely growl 'Naked?! Why would he be around?! Mate.' He seethed out his eyes becoming darker. 'Emergency?' I questioned hoping to justify my statement. 'What emergency would you be in that would require you to be naked & to wear that pups clothes?' He spat out. 'Oh wouldn't you like to know wolfie' I hummed at him stepping out of his grasp.

He then did his signature growl & pulled me back into his arms. 'You're mine mate! I swear I'll have his head!' His alpha tone was now clearly heard. Safe to say I had pissed this guy off. He was breathing heavily his eyes now pitch black. I could feel his anger radiate from him.

'Promise you won't leave me?' I asked hoping to change the topic & calm him down slightly. Honestly the question has been running through my mind since dad mentioned it in the office something that bad set ruby so silent.

'What?' He asked in pure confusion.

'Promise you won't leave me?' I questioned again. He suddenly stood straight his face became void of any emotion, his eye suddenly flicked to blue. Maybe his wolf or maybe mind-link?

'Wesley?' I tapped his shoulder. He snapped out of the trace he was in. 'My Beta smelt rouges on the border. I have to leave right now'. He spoke completely seriously panic was written on his face. His wolf flashing to surface.

He needs to be there for his pack, his wolf will force the shift & make him return if he was to deny. I nodded my head letting him know that it was fine.

He cupped my cheeks in his large hands & brought his lips close to my forehead. He placed a gentle kiss, his lips lingering on my head. My body was set alight. Tingles shot through me straight to my toes. Ruby jumped around happily feeling connected to her mate. This was our first kiss & he was saying goodbye.

Stepping away from me I watched him leave, heading towards the forest where he came from.