Death

ELLAS POV:

I knew it was an attack, but why?!

What are the rouges gaining from it? Power.

Now I was stressed. Wesley told me not too, this is the second time I've done something he's disagreed with & was faced with a dilemma.

Wait...

Maybe he was the bad luck? Maybe he jinxed me. He wanted me to listen to him & the moment I ignore him he throws rouges at me?

Maybe this wolfsbane is making me delusional.

I rush across back to the room where the exam was held. To try warn Jacob & help the others.

As of right now, I don't know where the threat is & keeping my pack safe was important.

It was empty. Jacob was gone?

I had one pack member completely passed out & the scent around her didn't seem to be wolfsbane.

Lifting her head slightly up, large purple bruising was around her neck? It made no sense, Jacob wouldn't have left her here. He would've made sure he had everyone before he left.

So how did she get here? Her face was slowly turning white. I placed my finger on her neck to try find a pulse, wincing when my fingers touched the bruising.

The slightest beating was felt. I hurriedly got up, carrying her I attempted to run to the medics.

I don't know if the wolfsbane had caused this much of a side affect but I couldn't even smell what pack she was from. I couldn't even sense what power she held.

Stopping in my tracks I turned around & ran back to the school. They had a nurses office, I could find something there to help her.

I couldn't risk to take her that far to our pack medic. I might not make it in time.

Her weight slowed me down but I eventually made it to the room.

Placing her down on the bed I threw stuff around. I need an oxygen tank! Where is it?

I threw the closets open, getting frustrated with not finding anything.

"Is this what you're looking for Alpha" An unfamiliar voice snarled at me.

My head snapped to the door, a guy with scruffy hair & only in shorts held a oxygen tank with the mask attached. Rogue, he was a rogue standing across me.

"I don't know what you want, but if she dies I'll make sure you all suffer. Give me it & let me help her, she's doesn't deserve this" I snarled at him, angrily. Like Wesley had taught me, be confident.

Don't be intimidated otherwise they'll take you down faster. He laughed & clapped his hands.

"Ah the irony, an Alpha wants a rogues help. What's next, you ask me to be your beta?" He laughed throwing his head back. In the process showing me a slight scar on his chin.

"Give her the mask & let's make this fast. I'll go wherever you want. However, I need her alive" I said pointing across at the still figure on the bed. The slightest rise in her chest gave away she was alive & still fighting but for how long?

"I want you to stand back, I'll give her the mask & place it on her. Then follow me" He snarled once again at me. Feeling satisfied he was listening I moved back away from her body.

Watching him closely place the mask on, he moved a dial & the air supply was back up her. Waiting a few seconds he stepped back, her heartbeat could be heard loud & clear.

She was alive! Now I had to keep this mutt happy & make it back to the pack.

"Well Alpha, wasn't that fun? Now I'm tired of playing the Hero. I've wasted enough time, let's go" He spoke pushing towards me & grabbing my arm.

His hold was tight, making sure I couldn't move. Silently I followed him.

Making sure I was at a safe distance, I yanked his arm away & slammed the closest fire extinguisher into the side of his body.

A grunt was heard before his body collided with the floor. "You sneaky bitch" he heaved out.

Trying to grab my leg in the process but I hit him again with the fire extinguisher. His long nails had just slightly scratched my skin.

With the limited energy I had, I held him in a chokehold. Knowing that he was also weak & not able to fight me off gave me an adrenaline rush. But I was still unable to channel my wolf.

"I'm going to ask you politely, what do you want?" I loosened the hold on his neck. Allowing him to speak.

"You think I'd tell you? Even if I did, it wouldn't change anything. You're still going to die, you can't stop that" he spat out.

Not satisfied with his answer I held his throat tighter, limiting the oxygen flow just like he did to the poor girl!

"Rogue, why do they want me dead? No more riddles otherwise I'll snap your neck. I can ask the next mutt I come across if you don't want to be compliant" Doubt filled through me, was I ready to kill this man?

"Wesleys mate, she holds too much power. We take down his mates pack as well as you my love & then we take him down. It's pretty simple really" He chuckled out.

Stupid rogues, all they fucking crave is power & wanting to be the leaders! Do they not realise they'll just become another pack? I never understood the point of leaving your pack only to become a rogue & then to make friends? Join a pack you morons!

Before you ask, the wolfs that commit crimes are not always outcasted as rogues. We work like normal humans, they get sent to the council and to jail time for their actions. Depending on the severity of the situation, the council would decide if they are allocated a new pack or if they are killed.

"Scared? I would be too. You won't see your mate or your stupid father again" The mutt mumbled breaking me out of my thoughts.

Not caring I tightened my hold on his neck & heard the familiar crack. A slight wheeze escaped him before he went completely limp in my arms.

Crack

Before I could even let his body go, the same fire extinguisher was hit across my head.

The last thing I saw, or what I think I saw was the girl I took to the nurses room before I passed out.