I can't

'I can't... I can't leave you here. You nearly got ambushed by rouges!' He said snapping out of whatever trace he was in.

'Alpha Wesley, you must understand I am safe here. I went into the forest & we wondered too far out entering no mans land. It's my own fault we nearly got ambushed this land is safe' I said slightly annoyed by him. He can't just dictate my life!

'Mate, I'm taking you back tonight. I don't care' & with that he got out of the car. Well I'd like to see you try buddy. Ruby then let out a whimper, just go with mate. He's amazing she said sadly.

I shook my head & ignored it.

'You're not taking her' was the first thing I heard once I stepped into the house. 'She's my mate! I'll take her with me, I have too!' Wesley shouted. Anger was clearly evident in his voice.

'Yes & she's my only child, she's not going anywhere. Especially not while she's still in education!' Dad spat followed by a thump. I hurriedly made my way to his office.

'You had a mate Alpha Sharp, you know what I'm going though. You can't expect me to leave without her' Wesley said. 'Listen alpha Wesley, I'm the alpha here & she is my only child. Her life is set in stone to take the Alpha title. Let her at-lest continue her education' Dad huffed sitting back down on his chair.

I decided it was best to head to my bedroom, I knew I couldn't fight him off forever & dad can bribe him slightly.

'Ella, get your butt here now!' Dad shouted from his office. I lazily walked across to his office, I could already smell my mate in the room.

'You have mindlink, use it'. I spoke once entering the room. 'Okay, you're an Alphas daughter & it still took you 3 minutes to get here. You're doing laps after I've spoke to you' he replied with a smug look on his face.

'What but no, you wouldn't do that to me would you dad? I'm your baby girl. I'm tired from all the school work' I said nearing his desk touching his arm.

'You skipped your last class, don't tell me about being tired from school' he huffed out clearly annoyed. 'But but-

'I wouldn't make you do laps for skipping school, hell I'd happily allow it if kept you away from those unmated pups' Alpha Wesley spoke piping up in the conversation.

'Oh you fuck off Wesley, we have an agreement don't make me change my mind' Dad snarled looking across at him. 'Also, hands off my daughter!' He spoke pulling me towards him.

I didn't even realise Wesley had his arm on my waist until dad moved me. 'Okay this is dumb, dad why did you call me?' I said wanting to avoid all the unnecessary drama.

Ruby suddenly started whining, mate, I want mate. It's not fair! You push mate away & you always get to spend time with mate but you ignore me. I want mate! She was suddenly snarling & getting angry. My body heated up, my wolf wanting to come to surface. Ruby, control yourself. Mate is here he's not going anywhere you can spend time with him later.

No! You're going to push me away like you alway do. You're just saying this to shut me up. I want mate, I want mate, I wa- Fine! I huffed out to her.

I quickly turned around & wrapped my arms around Alpha Wesley, mate is leaving us. Ruby spoke softly before disconnecting herself from me. I suddenly panicked something snapped inside me. Wesley had this arms wrapped tightly around me, his head inside the crook of my neck. I felt calm but still very panicked.

'You're not leaving us... are you?' I spoke pulling away from his embrace looking directly at his face. I felt like I was falling in a big black hole with no control. He stayed silent & didn't respond.

'Ella, Alpha Wesley needs to go back to his pack tonight. His original stay was only supposed to be a few hours. He needs to leave' Dad spoke sadly.

It suddenly felt like Wesley was on fire, my body jerked away from him. Wanting to cause as much space as possible.

Why do I care so much? Curse this mate bond! I shouldn't be feeling this sad, he's leaving. You've lived your whole before he came along, you can continue it the same!

I then felt his hand slowly touching my chin. 'Baby, I have to return back home. The last thing I want to do is leave without you but you're refusing & so has your dad. I'm not going far, I'll only be a few packs away & we have already planned your transport to see me every day. We need to get you prepared for your Alpha role in this pack before I make you my Luna' he spoke softly.

I didn't have much to say, I just listened & accepted it. I didn't have a choice, like dad said my fate was set in stone.

'I'm sorry Ella' Dad spoke looking across at me, I laughed & shook my head. 'It's Ruby, she's the one making me act like this, I'll be fine' I spoke smiling up at him.