Chapter 2 | Featured Dinner

After SoYou had left, Jimin hurriedly cleaned up the practice room after himself, setting the chairs and music player back to their proper place. He then rushed to the showers located behind the practice room. Each of the members and backup dancers had their assigned lockers and Jimin always stored extra beauty products and clothes in there. He brushed his hair back neatly and dressed in a white sweater and black skinny jeans with a face mask equipped. He checked himself out one more time in the mirror, nodding.

Okay. Slightly presentable.

He met with Jin then in the recording studio who was wearing a light pink Puma hoodie, blue jeans, and a black cap. He greeted Jimin with a groan. "Took you long enough. I'm starving here."

Jimin chuckled. "Sorry, hyung. Oh. And by the way, I invited SoYou to join us for dinner."His words made Jin narrowed his eyes. "Oh ho. You've gotten quite friendly with her rather quickly. Should I be aware of something sparking between you two?"

"W-what? No. It's just dinner, hyung. We'll be working with her from now on, right? We should at least break the ice between us. That was my only intention when I invited her." Jimin whined when Jin still looked at him accusingly. "Seriously!"

Jin shrugged after a moment, making Jimin scowl a bit. "Whatever, Jiminie. If that's your stance, for now, I'll believe you."

They headed down to the main lobby together, and Jimin instantly spotted SoYou. He waved and called out to her. "SoYou! Thanks for waiting. Over here!"

She turned to his voice and unconsciously smiled as she rushed towards them. "Hey--" Catching herself, she bowed to them silently instead.

Jimin asked SoYou then. "Did you eat already? Do you want to take some food from the restaurant afterward? I feel a bit bad since we'd be the only ones eating."

"It's okay. I had something just now while waiting for you guys. So, where are we going?" She quickly wrote her response and showed it to them.

"Anywhere this pig hyung wants to go-- Ow!" Jimin rubbed his arm where Jin had hit him. He gave a hmph as he turned away, making both SoYou and Jimin chuckle. "Well, for now, we'll head to our favorite restaurant. It's just a couple of blocks away then visit the market for snacks. We got a list of them to buy from the other members." Jimin took out a rolled piece of paper from his pocket and let it roll out with its edge ending near his torso.

SoYou gasped in surprise at the length of the list before writing on her notebook. "I guess we need to get going now. That's a lot of shopping to do."

Jimin nodded and they exited the Big Hit office together. When he passed the reflecting windows outside, he let out a giggle, typed something on his phone, and poked SoYou's shoulder to show her. "We match^^"

SoYou promptly flushed bright red. Jimin must not have expected SoYou was an ARMY because this type of fan service definitely made her squeal internally. She peeked at the windows and indeed, their clothes were matching. She kept her head down to hide her shyness, but she couldn't help but still peek at Jimin who was now typing on his phone again.

He turned to Jin this time and showed his phone. "A-yo call me the Silent and Deadly Jay-Z yooo." He mimicked RM's gestures when he gets so zoned in his rap. Jin laughed at the similarity before he ruffled Jimin's hair to make him stop.

SoYou too had laughed, thinking fondly of how cute they are. She followed behind them closely, already enjoying the outing just by watching them fool around with each other. When she passed by another reflecting window, she realized how short she was compared to them. The obvious height difference may help them identify her as a girl (or a super short guy). For a moment, she thought of buying insoles but got interrupted by a passerby hitting her shoulder. Though it was an accident, the hit got her to register how crowded it was in the streets. Seoul at 7 PM was pretty busy normally and though celebrities sometimes get attacked in crowds, the marketplace they were heading to was BTS's regular hangout. As such, many of the shop owners would help hide their identities or control the crowd if fans start gathering. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it's crowded and was getting difficult to walk leisurely. Jimin held onto Jin's jacket because even though it peeved him, Jin was taller and a good marker in the crowd. He turned to SoYou then. If he was having trouble maneuvering, she must be getting the same treatment of being pushed around.