Chapter 14 | Fine

"Welcome back, Yumi-ah!"

"You look much better now."

Yumi smiled warmly as her coworkers crowded around her. The instant she had returned to the BigHit office after taking two days leave due to sickness, she's received multitudes of heartfelt greetings. Her desk was even covered with neon sticky notes of varied 'get well soon' messages. Distinctly, everyone was aware that she was off due to overwork, so with immediate directive from her manager, nearly half of her usual workload was distributed amongst the production team prior to her return.

As such, for the first in a long time, she could actually rest during her noon break. Pulling out her phone, she messaged Jimin. "How're you doing? Enjoying your lunch?" She then sent a picture she took of a particular sticky note. Her coworker had drawn her a cute caricature of Jimin in a cheering posture for encouragement. "FYI. My team members are such jokesters but I love them. Doesn't it look just like you?"

5 minutes passed. Then 10. Eventually, an hour passed and Yumi had to return to work, pondering why there wasn't a response from him.

***

"...it's shaking, isn't it?" V inquired Jimin as he glared at the platform beneath their feet. With each passing second, it rose an inch higher, correlating with how tight V's grip was on his best friend's shoulder.

Patting V's arm in a reassuring manner, Jimin could only laugh. He and the other members were well aware of V's acrophobia, but no one would be able to tell just from his facial expression since he forcefully kept a poker face in order to not cause concern for the on-site production staff and impede the progress of the rehearsal.

Finally, with a violent jerk and muted shriek from V, the platform reached its highest level.

"...I've forgotten...how high this was..." V shuddered lowly so that it was only audible to Jimin who was beside him. "No wonder I hated this side of the stage..."

"Will you be alright?" Jimin softly asked.

"I want to say no so badly but yea, I'll be fine." Sucking in a deep breath, V let out a stressed sigh. "Just gotta empty my mind and concentrate on the audience rather than this giant drop that's like right next to my feet. I mean, I think I can get away with a sprain if I land correctly--"

"Let's not think of that." Jimin interrupted, not wanting to have an image of such disaster in his mind. "I'll ask the staff to stay up here by myself. The platform's too small for us anyway, and..."

"And?"

"And honestly, my shoulder's getting really sore from this death grip of yours, Taehyung-ah. So for my sake as well, I don't want you up here."

V cracked a genuine smile at the teasing. His fear was momentarily forgotten so that he could smack Jimin before hastily grabbing him again for support when the platform started to lower. Jimin tolerated another passing of his shoulder getting a beating until the platform leveled with the ground. He stretched it lightly then spoke with a lead staffer of his proposition. And with a quick resolution, they decided to do away with the whole raised platform extravagance to his relief.

Jimin bowed his head. "Thank you for--"

Deafening screams cut through the stadium then, causing everyone to freeze in their spot. Belatedly, one by one, they turned with dread to the source of the noise to discover a crouched figure on center stage.

"Jin-hyung?!" Jimin rushed in alarm as did the other members, who were scattered throughout the stadium, towards their hyung.

However, as he passed by Suga clutching his head, his panicked state felt a splash of cold water, prompting him to halt his steps. "H-hyung?" Suga didn't respond; it was as if he was completely unaware Jimin was right next to him until he got shaken roughly.