Chapter 4 | Rise

"Jimin! Oh my god!!" Yumi rushed to him, dropping to her knees immediately to flip him on his back. When she touched his skin, she gasped. "You're burning up...!" She turned to grab the towel and water bottle on the table beside the music player. Wetting the towel, she gently and swiftly wiped his face. "How long have you been pushing yourself like this? Jimin, what do I do? Please tell me-- I don't know what to do...!"

Yumi's desperate cries beside him got Jimin to focus on his situation a bit. At least, he was able to grab her wrist even though the grip was weak. "SoYou... Call Hobi-hyung, please. Or Sejin-hyung..." He felt weak and so out of breath. His body wasn't listening to him anymore and it took so much effort to keep his eyes open. Distinctly, he felt her shaking him through his hand.

Was she worried about me? Oh no... I'm causing her so much trouble like this. Everyone told me to take care of myself first and foremost but now look at me. I can't even get up. The other members and staff are going to be so angry at me.

Jimin felt like crying as he choked back a sob before fainting soon afterward.

On the other hand, Yumi let out a panicked shriek. She didn't have any of the members' or managers' numbers since as SoYou, email communication was sufficient. Hesitantly, she shook him, hoping he'd wake up but he gave no response. Just when she was about to run of the practice room, a phone rang. Realizing it wasn't her ringtone, she searched for Jimin's cell phone in his bag. Pulling it out, she instantly answered.

"Jimin--"

"Hoseok-sshi!" Her voice and hands were shaking as she frantically explained. "T-this is Yumi. I-I was checking the practice room since the lights were-- Anyways, Jimin needs help! He fainted just now and I...! I-I don't know what to do now... Please... Please help him...!" While she was close to sobbing, J-Hope's voice was calm over the line--as if his younger brother collapsing was completely usual.

"We will be there soon. So just keep calm, okay?" He gave instructions then that if Jimin's condition got any visibly worse or if he started coughing, call the ambulance and don't wait for them. Yumi paled at the possibility of Jimin being sent to the hospital but managed to promise J-Hope before he hung up.

She kneeled beside Jimin, observing the horrible color on his face but at least he was breathing normally. She couldn't help but cry then.

Can I do nothing but wait?

Unconsciously, she took a hold of his hand and placed it on her forehead in prayer.

Please...please, hurry!

***

Once Yumi heard footsteps from outside the practice room, she rushed to open the door, promptly getting calmed by J-Hope as RM and Sejin hurried to Jimin.

"I-I'm sorry...! I didn't move him from the floor b-because I was afraid of hurting him even though I should've--"

"Hey, hey. Yumi, right? It's okay, so calm down." J-Hope patted her shoulder then smiled. "We'll take it from here. Thank you for looking after him."

"But--" Yumi perked at the sound from the back. Turning, she saw Sejin carefully lifting Jimin to the couch.

He brushed Jimin's hair lightly before addressing her. "Like Hoseok said, we can take it from here. It's late so head home now."

Though she wanted to stay, she realized at their repeated words that there was nothing she could do to help him. Biting his lips, she nodded reluctantly but pulled out a sticker note from her purse. She noted her number then approached Sejin with a deep bow. "I'll leave now but please keep me updated. I-I know I'm just an employee here but I can't rest easy out of worry." When he didn't move to take it, she pleaded. "Please...all I want to know is that he is well and nothing more."