Chapter 8 | Presage

Big Hit Entertainment's official statement that an extra performance would be added to BTS's ongoing world tour after the Osaka's stop sent domestic ARMY into a frenzy. The performance was scheduled to be held in the Gymnastics Stadium and minutes after tickets were available online, all seats were booked. Oblivious to ARMY, this concert was done purely to premiere Rise which would be then followed by the posting of its MV a week later. The reaction could already be predicted. News of top idol BTS collaborating with top sentimental composer, SoYou, would surely get mass attention from fans of both hip hop and ballad genres. Furthermore, limited Rise themed merch would be available only during the two-day concert.

As a perk of being a collaborator, SoYou was gifted some of the special merch prior which included the pillow cover and notepad designed with beautiful luminescent wings. Positioning the pillow on her bed, she gleefully smiled at her new addition before returning to her laptop.

Since she was part of the production team, Yumi had been tasked to organize and review the order forms of the merch to be sold. Scrolling through the work orders and documents approved by Bang PD, she curiously checked the details of the CD. The cover would be pastel and was designed abstractedly like their 3rd album. But what caught her eyes was the actual contents of the CD which was simply the single, Rise, and eventually a video of its making. Feeling a warm flutter inside, she smiled widely.

This CD would be purely hers, SoYou's, and BTS's work.

***

Nevertheless, the additional concert announcement was a last minute event even for Big Hit's employees as they rushed to get the MV set and stadium ready. In a month, the premiere concert would be held.

The Gymnasium Stadium was a familiar and precious place since it was BTS's first large concert venue and they always felt at home there. Anyways, they rehearsed the Wings concert program diligently in accordance to the familiar venue layout. Exhaling sharply, Jimin brushed his hair back and dabbed the towel on his face. After an hour of nonstop practice, he and the other members were quite drained and sweating profusely. Still, he couldn't help but be elated inside.

Rise was finally going to be released, and I had taken part in creating its lyrics. ARMY will finally get a song I made.

Humming, Jimin stored a pair of concert tickets into his bag. By tradition, every member was given at most two tickets to every concert. He had always invited his family and close friends who enjoyed fighting over the limited tickets. This time, his dad was coming after nearly a year of losing to his mom and little brother in these divisive games.

Taking a moment to refresh himself in the break room, Jimin perked when his phone suddenly rang. Answering it, he wondered briefly why his little brother was calling him. "Jihyunie? Hey, what's up?"

"Hyung..." As the tired voice resounded from the other line, Jimin furrowed his brows.

"Yea. It's me. What's going on? Did something happen?"

"Dad collapsed. H-he's alright, though. So don't freak out. Rather, he's really lively with how he can order me to do anything."

Jimin sighed in relief. "Don't scare me like that, sheesh. But something else is bothering you, right? What is it?"

"That is...we won't be able to make your concert."

Oh.

"Dad might recover by then but the doctors advised us to keep him at low activity. But you know him. Mom and I have to keep watch otherwise...uh. I-I'm really sorry, hyung." His little brother's voice became slightly anxious then. "I know this won't make it up, but we'll send you and the other members some gifts. Mom just came back from Shanghai and got some cool stuff and--"