Chapter 13 | Confession

During the following day's on site rehearsal, Jimin vocalized his desire to add choreography to their debuting single, Rise. Though there was some push back, particularly from their managers who were concerned with him overworking himself for an extravagant performance, they relented once J-Hope raised his hand in support. “We can help him with it. Besides, I believe having us free roam around this large stage like Wings would bring just the right amount of excitement to the crowd.”

RM pondered for a moment as he tapped his chin. “I agree...but, if not all of us are able to learn it within a month, can you dance by yourself, Jiminie?”

Furrowing his brows, Jimin was about to question his leader why everyone wouldn’t be able to perform together when a passing thought halted him.

Don’t be selfish.

This upcoming concert wasn’t the only schedule the members had unlike him. Some were going to appear on variety shows while others were preoccupied with producing the next comeback. In addition, even his best friend was going to audition for an upcoming historical drama. Jimin couldn’t burden his members just because he wanted to please his own associates.

Towards RM, Jimin gave a small smile. “I can dance by myself.”

“Well...not really since I’ll do it with you.” J-Hope winked as he gave Jimin an encouraging pat on his back.

Simultaneously, V and Jungkook perked. “I can too!”

“And I, of course, will provide ample input into making the most beautiful dance.” With a confident hand above his chest, Jin smirked.

“Uh huh...let hyung influence the dance too much, and you’ll get that ugly backpack move in.” Hissing, Suga rubbed his shoulder after Jin had promptly smacked him for the unnecessary teasing. “That hurt-!”

“Okay, okay. Let’s quiet down.” RM sighed as he clapped to get everyone’s attention, aware of multiple staff members chuckling at their quibble. “Jiminie, take the lead on making the dance.”

“Yes, hyung.”

Rehearsal continued smoothly then, and Jimin efficiently utilized the break times throughout the day to begin choreographing the song in the waiting room behind the stage. Recycling some modern dance moves from Lie, he managed to complete the dance past the chorus with the approval of J-Hope. Naturally, he pointed out all the “Jimin-est” dance moves--tons of hair flips and body rolls.

“Don’t be weird, hyung…!” Jimin blocked several hair ruffle attempts from J-Hope before dodging entirely to the other side of the waiting room, grabbing his bag on the sofa. “A-anyways, I’m leaving now. I need to meet SoYou at the office.”

At that, J-Hope’s expression instantly became somber, surprising Jimin who couldn’t block the next hair ruffling. Past his bangs, Jimin could see a soft smile on J-Hope. "Be careful getting there and don't think too much, alright? Just remember that I always love you, Jiminie."

Jimin tilted his head, a bit confused but smiled back. "I love you too, hyung? I'll see you back at the dorm."

With a wave from J-Hope, Jimin exited the Gymnasium Stadium through the back door where one of their managers, Jigaemae, was ready with a van. Entering the office, Jimin greeted the employees working overtime as he passed them to the empty recording studio. He slumped on the sofa and briefly rummaged through his bag to check that he had the concert ticket for SoYou packed. Jimin had to give it to her today; otherwise Bang PD would beat him and invite her backstage at their next scheduled production meeting.