Chapter 6 | Positive Message

It was near the end of the month and Yumi had been counting down the days. She could feel the increasing pressure from the deadline Bang PD had stated in his previous email. However, due to BTS's hectic schedule, she felt the need to request an extension for the boys. Yumi didn't need to be production assistant to be aware that BTS was super busy. There were updates every day from the fansites she followed, capturing the boys arriving at one schedule to the next. Sometimes, they'd be in one country and another all within three days.

Even though she was aware Jimin had his lyrics ready, completing the guide track and finalizing his song version would take time and effort. After witnessing him faint, she wanted to do any possible favor to reduce his stress. As Yumi, she had no business or voice in their schedules but providing a more loose deadline was something SoYou could request. She crafted an email to Bang PD then, making sure to emphasize the upcoming year-end performance for BTS. She hoped to negotiate with him to extend the lyric submission deadline to until after the new year. Ultimately, it wasn't like this track would be included in the YNWA album according to her conversations with other producers. She hoped Bang PD would understand and to her relief, he responded immediately, agreeing to her request.

The meeting was scheduled for the first week of the new year, and he expected BTS to have their individual lyrics finalized by then though guide tracks weren't required. Additionally, he made it clear that this couldn't be pushed back any further as it would conflict with work for the next album. Notifying the boys, he included encouragement for the year-end performance to be done beautifully and memorability for both the fans and themselves.

***

Snuggling into her pillow, Yumi repositioned herself on the bed and stretched her wrist that was a bit sore from holding up her phone. A couple of weeks have passed in the new year and she was finishing her review of the lyric submissions. As expected, her mailbox was flooded with submissions and guide tracks from all of the boys once the year-end performance was over. Suga and Namjoon had even sent in two sets of lyrics with completely different feels. And though she had heard Jimin's piece live, he definitely put more effort and emotion in his voice for his guide track. She nearly cried the first time she played it. Three of the submissions had caught her attention and she felt like it'd be a waste to not combine them. Re-reading her notes in preparation for the upcoming meeting with Bang PD, BigHit's producers, and the boys, she composed her email response.

"Dear Bang PD,

I have listened to all tracks and am incredibly awed at the quality of the submissions. I would like to propose combining some lyrics, in particular, RM's first track, Jimin's, and V's. The flow for them are the most similar as are their intents. I believe the final lyrics will be able to project a very positive message.

RM's impactful rap communicates to the listeners how the first step of a dream may be the hardest but it is ultimately the most meaningful. Jimin's chorus is strong but matches well with RM's as he encourages further effort which will result in them rising by the aid of close family and companions. As for V's, I liked his verse two where he wrote about the fans being there for them no matter what. The lyrics connect meaningfully and may become significant for BTS's message to their own fans.

Above are my conclusions. I look forward to discuss this further during our meeting.

Sincerely,
SoYou"

Once she sent the email, she returned right to yet another fancam of BTS. She had intentionally requested a long vacation for the new year in order for SoYou to finish her review but also as a cover concerning her double identity. The meeting today between Bang PD, BigHit's producers, SoYou, and BTS was scheduled in the afternoon during work hours and it would look suspicious if Yumi just so happened to be missing only then.