Chapter Thirteen: Hold that Thought

Months had gone by since the two had married. Snoke had been right. It only strengthed their connections. Much to (Y/N)'s relief, Snoke seemed to disappear a day or two after the wedding. Ben had a couple mission off the planet and (Y/N) had come with him. She'd rather be back on the base planet in her room but Ben had persuaded her to come and by persuaded she meant carry on the Star Destroyer while she was sleeping so she wouldn't fight him.

Ben walked out of the bathroom fully dressed and his mask in his hand. He looked at (Y/N) and sighed. She was upset with him and just sat on the bed reading. Her book had now changed to a book on the father of the sith: Darth Vader. Ben leaned down to kiss her lips but she moved. He placed the kiss on the side of her head instead.

"I'll be back late. So, you don't have to wait up for me." He said. She didn't look up and barely responded.

"Mhm." Her lack of response completely pissed him off.

"Damn it, (Y/N)! Will you actually respond to me?!" He yelled. She sighed and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, dear?" She said. He glared at her and went to respond when an announcement came over head about everyone getting ready to take off. "Hold that thought."

Ben quickly turned and left put on his mask as he slammed the door shut. (Y/N) jumped at the sound and looked at the door guilty. She didn't mean to be so harsh but she just didn't see the point of her being here.
--------------------------------

(Y/N) bolted up and looked around. The explosion had been so loud. There was no yelling or announcements, which meant one thing. The explosion was wherever Ben was. She jumped out of bed and quickly threw on clothes leaving Ben's shirt she had been wearing on the bed. She left the room and started walking to the landing bay.

"Madam?" A voice called out to her and she turned quickly.

"Captain Phasma. It's just you. I felt an explosion is everyone alright?" She asked taking a few steps toward the captain.

"Yes, there were no casualties on our side." She responded.

"On our side? What do you mean?"

"The village hiding Lor San Tekka was destroyed for hiding an enemy of the order. A pilot was also captured." Phasma explained.

"Take me to the pilot." She ordered.  Phasma lead her to an interrogation room. "Thank you that'll be all." (Y/N) took a deep breath and entered the room. It was exactly who she thought it was. Poe.

"(Y/N)? Ma'am? Is he wanted somewhere?" LN-13098 asked.

"No, I would just like to talk to him. Please step out for a moment." She said. Poe opened his eyes and looked at her. Both were quiet and didn't break eye contact.

"What you're like a head honcho, now or something? Come to see if you could break me?" He asked.

"Do you really think I would do that?" She scoffed.

"Never know what they might have done to you."

"Hoth Base."

"Was completely empty when they attacked. Generel had ordered the base evacuated after your message. She was hoping you would send more but she'll take what she can get."

"You got what everyone was looking for didn't you?" He winked at her and she raised an eyebrow. "What I thought." (Y/N) smirked. LN-13098 entered along with Ben. (Y/N) turned and started to leave but Ben grabbed her arm. The two shared a look that was nothing more than a look to others but a thousand words to them. He let her go and she left.