Chapter 2 ~ Kyler

Edited 4/18/19 Please comment if there any mistakes I missed. Anyways, I've noticed people get confused on the pov for this chapter sometimes, but it's Kyler's. He's from the first chapter. Happy reading! ~Em 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do we have to go to school again?" I ask my best friends, Asher Flame, Wyatt Jone, and Miles Stone. "Our parents said so, and we can't argue with them," Miles answered. The bell rings and we all head our separate ways since they have Math while I have AP History first, and we had told our parents we wouldn't be late.

But, before we go on, I guess I should tell you about my best friends. Asher Flame: ginger-colored hair, cobalt-colored eyes, and a funny, cheerful personality, but he becomes the opposite the moment you mess with him or anyone he cares about. Wyatt Jone: Carmel blond hair, pale purple eyes and he's more of a player than me, but still kind to people he cares about.

And finally, Miles Stone: midnight brown hair, pale gold eye color, and kind, quiet and protective personality, especially when it comes to people he cares about, but not as protective as me when it comes to people I care about. Now, let me tell you about me. I've got black hair, icy green eyes and a bad boy, protective, and kind to very few. Now, back to story.

I walk in and the teacher says something, but my eyes get caught in the back of the room. Hoodie Girl sat all the way in the back, and, if I remember correctly, she was supposed to be 17, almost 18. I nod and walk back towards her. "Hi," I say to her. She pulls her hood further over her face.

"Oh, you're not very talkative." I said with a smile, "Are you, Hoodie Girl?" She turns to me, and instead of talking like I'd hoped she would, she glares a killer glare. Her eyes were a starlight silver color and didn't look fake, like the rest of the girls at this school with their blue or green or something contacts.

If looks could kill, I would be six feet under. "Damn Hoodie Girl, you've got a killer glare!" I say to her impressed. She gives me an annoyed look before turning back around so she could face the board. I start talking to her again, but she ignores me the rest of the class, and, she hurries out of the classroom when the bell rings.

I follow after her and realize we have the same next class, Honors English.

~~~Skip To After Class Since You Know What Happens~~

'Bye Kyler Ross.' She writes on the piece of paper she had used the entire hour to talk to me.

"Bye Hoodie Girl!" I yell after her. Hopefully, she heard me. I'm starting to think I like Hoodie Girl. She's just so different from the rest. She's mysterious, complicated, and not a slut. I wonder what her real name is. Oh well. I'll ask dad to look it up when I get home. Should I take the paper? It has her handwriting on it, and that could be useful in finding her.

I pack up my stuff, slip the piece of paper with her neat handwriting on it into my pocket and walk to lunch. I get pizza, a soda and fries before heading over to a table near a window where my friends are. I was about to starting eating when queen slut, Veronica Queen, walks over and sits on my lap.

"Hey, baby." She says in a 'seductive' (not) voice, "Why don't we skip today? My parents aren't home and we have the whole house to our selves." She winks a 'flirty' (not) wink. I lightly push her off and answer, "No thanks."

She huffs and stomps away. "You like someone!" My friends conclude at the same time.

"No, I don't," I answer and begin eating.

"Oh yes, you do," Asher says and begins looking around the lunchroom.

"What's her name?"

"What's she look like?"

They continue asking questions (none I can answer) before they finally get so annoying, I cave in. "I don't know her hair color or skin color, but I do know her eye color. It's starlight silver and it's not the work of contacts. She doesn't talk and the teachers don't even call her by her name."

"Please don't tell me it's going where I think it's going," Wyatt asks with a bit of begging in his voice.

I nod and finish, "She goes by the name Hoodie Girl." My friends' jaws drop, if they were in a cartoon, their jaws would have dropped to the center of the earth.

"Why!?" They ask all at the same time.

"I don't know." I answer honestly, "She's just, so different from the rest of the girls. She's mysterious with a hoodie on all the time, she seems complicated and fun."

"How is she 'fun'?" Miles asks, crossing his arms across his chest and leaning back in his chair.

I tell them what happened in English and show them to paper. The bell rings and I and Asher go one way while Wyatt and Miles go the other. We walk in and I immediately see Hoodie Girl. "Let's sit in the back today," I tell Asher and drag him over to Hoodie Girl.

"You really are lovesick." He says and rolls his eyes before trudging over to where I was walking. "Hey Hoodie Girl." I greet her as I sit down.

'Will you ever leave me alone?'

"No, he will not." Ash (Asher) answers for me. "Once he has his eyes on you, he won't take them off of you."

'Whose that?'

"That's one of my best friends, Asher Flame," I answer her as class starts and she ignores me, yet again. I try poking her lightly and I could hear a low hiss come out of her mouth. What is she hiding?