Chapter 14~Rebecca

They never shut up, except when I was crying, and in pain. When Harvey and Rosie were hurting me, or when I was hurting myself, they remained silent. When I wasn't, they would scream, or yell. It hasn't been as bad since I met Kyler. As long as I'm with him, they aren't loud, just soft enough for me to ignore them.

But when Rachel, I think her name was, asked about the bandages, and asked if I did something wrong, they got beyond loud.

'IT'S YOUR FAULT YOUR PARENTS DIED! AND YOUR OWN SISTER!'

I started whispering sorry to them. Bad idea.

'OH SHUT UP YOU WORTHLESS B*TCH'

I couldn't stop talking, and the pain from their voices caused tears to start rolling down my face. The moment I felt Kyler's hands let go of me I ran to my blade, making sure to lock the door behind me. I start to cut on my legs and they shut up. Tears blurred my vision completely. Someone takes the blade out of my hands, but I don't care.

The person pulls me to their chest and somehow, I instantly recognize them has Kyler. He cleans me up and just cradles me. After what felt like a million, silent years, he asks, 

"Why did you do it?"

'Tell him' A new, calmer voice tells me.

"I-It's the only way to get them to shut up." I answer, "T-They shut up when I'm in pain."

"Who?" 

"The voices."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since then, he hasn't left my side. I know, because I've been waking up in the middle of the night with him right next to me, either sleeping or working on something. Kyler always helped me go back to sleep, or when I refused so badly (mainly because I was afraid of what I would dream about or hear) he would stay up with me and watch a movie.

I always chose a random movie out of the ones he lets me, and they always seem to be Disney, but I don't care. I love these movies, and I don't know any others. He's never asked about the voices since, and I'm glad. The only thing he said was to talk to him, the moment they start up again, and not a second later.

Have you ever felt like you don't belong anywhere, and then you meet that one person and everything else goes away? That feeling is how I feel with Kyler around. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I actually feel safe with him. Ever since she left, I didn't think I'd feel the same. Now, I feel better than before.

"What you smiling about?" Kyler asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You," I answer, honestly.

I turn to face him and a grin spreads across his face from ear to ear.

"All good things?" He asks.

I nod. He puts down his papers and pulls me close. We sit there, cuddling as we watch The Little Mermaid. We get near the end when someone knocks on the door. Kyler gets up and opens the door. I can't see who it is.

"What do you want?" He asks, annoyance in his voice.

"I wanted to give this to Rebecca, tell her  I'm sorry." Rachel's voice tells him.

You could hear the concern and sadness in her voice. He shuts the door and walks back to me, something behind his back. He gets close and hands me a plush husky with a red ribbon around the neck.

 He gets close and hands me a plush husky with a red ribbon around the neck

"Rachel wanted to tell you she's sorry," Kyler tells me.

I smile and run out the door after opening it with it banging against the wall. Rachel turns right as I pull her into a hug. She's a bit shocked at first but still hugs me back.

"Thank you," I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19 Make sure to read the comments on the picture. Some of them are hilarious to me and will cheer up your day or make you question someone's sanity. ~Em