Chapter 13~Kyler

This chapter mentions a lot about self-harm. Read it at your own risk! ~ Emily

I had fallen asleep near 1 and woke up only three hours later. Looking around, I realize Rebecca isn't anywhere near me, but the light in my bathroom is on and shining slightly out from under the crack under the door. Walking to the door I listen to the door and hear soft crying. Opening the door I see her crying, head down and arms at either side of her head.

Red slowly dripped down her arms and onto the floor into small puddles on either side of her. I rush to her side and grab a towel before cradling her in my arms while stopping the blood from coming out of her fresh cuts anymore. She's crying and I don't think she even notices I'm there. God, this is all my fault.

If I had been more careful with yelling (even though I was mad) maybe she wouldn't be doing this. Rebecca might not have straight out said it (or anything at the moment) but I have a feeling it's because of that. I take the towel off and notice they aren't deep enough to need stitches, luckily, but I think I'll put some bandages around them still.

I wrap up her wrists and carry her to my bed. 

"I-I'm sorry." She whispers, "I-It's all my fault."

"No, it's not." I whisper to her, "Why would you think that?"

"I-It's always my fault."

"No, it's not. It's never your fault."

She looked up at me with wide eyes and asks, "R-Really?"

I kiss her nose and answer, "Really."

She cuddles into my chest and I pull her close to me. We fall asleep exactly like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They look so cute." A familiar voice squeals.

"Take a picture, this could be good blackmail." Another familiar voice says.

The sound of a camera shutter echoes through the pitch black darkness.

"Got it." A third familiar voice says.

"Send that to me." The two voices from before plus three others say.

I slowly wake up and blink my eyes and groan as I notice the light from day hitting me right in the eyes. I look down at the angel in my arms, still asleep. Turning my head now to the edge of my bed and door, I see Wyatt, Asher, Miles, Faith, Octavia, and Rachel standing there, watching us.

"He's up," Asher announces with a clap of his hands.

Rebecca stirs a bit in her sleep. I shush the idiot and point to her. He makes an 'O' with his mouth. Her eyes flutter open and they go wide as she sees all the people around her. She starts to try to push away from me and towards the edge of the bed. I keep her close to me and slowly rub circles in her cheek.

"It's okay, it's okay," I whisper to her.

"Who are they?" She whispers quietly, I could barely hear it.

"The boys are my best friends, and the girls are my sisters, the ones I told you about," I answer her.

She nods and turns her head slightly to them.

"Guys, this is Rebecca."

They wave at her and she goes tense, well, more than she was before.

"It's okay," I whisper to her.

She takes my hand and starts to play with it.

"Rebecca, that's Wyatt."

He waves at her with a smile. She looks a bit scared of him. I know, that she knows that he's a player, but she still waves at him.

"That's Asher." 

Ash waves at her with a giant smile and makes a silly face at her. Rebecca giggles and she smiles. My face starts to hurt from smiling. I'm just so glad she likes my friends.

"That's Miles."

Miles smiles at her, and she returns the smile. 

"The girl with red hair is my oldest sister, Faith." 

You could see Faith, along with my other sisters, holding themselves back from jumping onto Rebecca and hugging the daylights out of her.

"The one with berry red hair is the middle sister, Octavia."

Octavia is smiling almost as much as I am.

"Finally, the youngest sister, Rachel."

"Why do you have those bandages on your wrists?" She asks.

Rebecca looks down at her wrists and hides them in her shirt and the covers.

"Rachel..." I say lowly.

"What; did she do something wrong?" Rachel asks.

Rachel has always been one to not back down from a fight, and always be in someone else's business.

"I-I'm sorry." Rebecca starts repeating quietly.

"Rebecca, you did nothing wrong," I assure her.

She starts to shake her head and tears roll down her face. I glare at Rachel, and they all pull her out. She starts shaking and I try to figure out what to do. I let go of her to move the comforter off her. Bad idea. The moment she does, she bolts off my bed and into the bathroom that I have yet to clean up from last night.

I follow after her, but she locks it right as I get there. No, no, no. SH*T! The blade is still in there, and in her state of mind at the moment, it's not good for her to be alone at all, blade around or not. I break down the door and see her cutting her legs. I grab the blade carefully from her hands and pull her close to my chest.

The cuts were small, and not that deep for once. I clean her up and just cradle her for a bit.

"Why did you do it?" I ask.

"I-It's the only way to get them to shut up." She answers, "T-They shut up when I'm in pain."

"Who?"

"The voices."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19