Chapter 12~Rebecca

Waking up, I look around my bedroom. For once, I don't see Kyler asleep next to me like most mornings this week. I go to my window and realize it's night still. Not liking the feeling of being without him, I decide to go look for him. Going out of my room for the first time ever, I walk further down the hall.

Soon, I start to hear yelling and walk towards it. Stupid move on my part. Opening the door quietly, I see Kyler on the phone yelling.

"GET IT BACK OR YOU'RE ALL DEAD!" He yells into the phone and hangs up.

Kyler punches the wall and I let out a whimper. He turns towards me and looks beyond angry. His eyes soften as he looks at me, but are still cold as ice.

"Rebecca, how much did you hear?" He asks me.

"I-I woke up and started looking for you when I heard yelling from in here. I-I walked in and you said something about death and then punched the wall." I ramble on, scared out of my mind.

He slowly walks towards me like Harvey used to do when I made him mad, usually right before he hit me. I back up and hit the doorway.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeat over and over again, tears starting to roll down my face.

I'm so scared he's going to hit me and it'll be just like before. I fall to the ground and place my head in my arms and keep repeating 'I'm sorry'. Maybe the beating will be less harsh if I do that. I feel him pick me up and I prepare myself for him to throw me, but I only feel us start moving. Great, now he's probably going to do something else that'll cause me extra pain.

I feel him sit us down and he holds me in his arms.

"I'm sorry for yelling, I'm sorry for scaring you. You did nothing wrong, it's my fault." He whispers to me, over, and over again.

I feel his tears fall onto my shirt. Maybe he's not going to hit me. I fall asleep to his voice, still repeating the words over and over again.

For once, I don't hear a thing or dream of anything as I sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19