Chapter 10~Rebecca

This is the next part of chapter 10. ~ Emily

Waking up, I see Kyler staring down at me. Flashbacks of last night run through my mind and a single, lone tear fall from my eye.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, concerned.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"For what?" He asks.

"For not letting me give up," I answer.

He smiles and kisses me on the forehead.

"Rebecca, I'm never going to let you go, okay?" 

I smile up at him. He picks me up and we start cleaning up the bathroom and he fixes the bandages on my wrists. He lets the red water go down drain and we sit down at the foot of my bed. He pulls me into his arm and rocks us back and forth.

"Thank you for letting me stay here." I say, "And I'm sorry for being such trouble."

"You haven't been any trouble." He says.

We let the silence surround us, and I start to drift off a bit.

"Rebecca, how have you kept such innocence in this messed up world?" Kyler asks.

"I'm nowhere near innocent," I answer.

"I mean, how can you still be grateful when everyone else only wants more." 

"Kyler, honestly, with how little I've gotten before, anything seems like the best to me, even a pencil, and I'm beyond grateful I have it," I answer and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19