Chapter 3 ~ Rebecca

Fuck. I'm a minute late today. Rosie and Harvey are going to kill me. I quietly walk in and shut the door to the run-down house. I'm the only child here since she left me. I felt my hair be pulled back and I slammed against the wall of the house.

"You're late!" Harvey yelled at me, his spit spraying in my face. His breath smelt of old beer and cigars. "She was probably out with another boy!" Rosie said with a cackle like Veronica's. "She is such a slut!" Harvey's fist connects with my jaw and I stagger back. Rosie takes that as an advantage and punches me in the gut.

I fall down and they keep kicking, and kicking, and kicking me. I'm bleeding a lot of blood, but a bit less than usual. "Get up, we have a meeting with our buyers tonight and we need you to make dinner." They drop me on my butt one more time before leaving me on the ground. I slowly get up and get everything out for a salad, steak and mashed potatoes with a side of corn and peas, with cake for dessert.

I finish everything before putting it all on the table, setting up the table as someone knocks on the door to the house. "Get to your room before they see you!" Rosie whisper-yells at me. I nod and pull my hood over my head before hurrying up the stairs. As I do, I notice someone very familiar catch my eyes at the top of the stairs.

It can't be, but I look again. It is. It's Kyler Ross.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19 If I missed anything while editing let me know. ~Em