Chapter 11~Kyler

The rest of the week, I spent every minute with Rebecca. We watched movies, read books, looked at pictures, and got to know each other. Anything with the gang, I dealt with when she was asleep. I haven't told her about it yet, and I don't plan on doing it any time soon. She just started trusting me.

If I tell her, she'll be afraid of me. I could never live with myself if that happened. Anyways, right now I'm making popcorn for us to eat while we watch 'Finding Nemo'. I let her watch it, and now she's obsessed with it. Grabbing some candy from the pantry, I get the popcorn and put it into a bowl before heading up to her room.

Rebecca is passed out on her bed when I get there. I put the stuff down and turn off her TV. I kiss her forehead and tuck her in before heading to my office to work on some stuff. I'm halfway through the paperwork I started at 9 and it's now 1. Deciding to head to bed, I fill out one last thing and get up.

Right as I do, my phone rings.

"Hello," I answer.

"Boss, we've got a problem." Rickard, one of the memebers, tells me.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"We were ambushed and lost half our newest shipment."

"HOW?!" I yell.

"W-We weren't expecting it and our senses didn't get over the shock until after they were gone."

"GET IT BACK OR YOU'RE ALL DEAD!" 

I hang up and yell in frustration. I slam my fist against the wall, and here a small whimper behind me. Turning I see Rebecca, shaking a bit at the doorway.

"Rebecca, how much did you hear?" I ask her.

"I-I woke up and started looking for you when I heard yelling from in here. I-I walked in and you said something about death and then punched the wall." She answers, looking scared out of her mind.

I slowly walk to her and she backs up but ends up hitting the side of the doorway.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She keeps repeating.

She falls to the ground and puts her head into her arms and keeps repeating 'I'm sorry'. I hate seeing her like this. I kneel down next to her and pick her up, before carrying her to my room. I sit us down on the bed and held her in my arms.

"I'm sorry for yelling, I'm sorry for scaring you. You did nothing wrong, it's my fault." I whisper to her, over, and over again, tears streaming down both our faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19