Chapter 8~Kyler

Trigger Warning: If you are suicidal or depressed, or just can't handle this type of stuff, this chapter might not be the best thing for you to read.

We got Rebecca settled into my house, upon the third floor, last week, she's away from everyone else, much to my friends' dismay. They're dying to meet her. I once even caught Miles trying to go up to the third floor.

I asked him what he was doing.

"If she's going to be part of our family soon, I have to meet her. She's going to be like my little sister." Was his answer.

I roll my eyes on the outside and seem annoyed most likely, but on the inside, I'm thrilled. I'm thrilled that she's going to be safe around them, I'm thrilled that she actually might have a semi-normal life now. One filled with less pain than before. Since we got her settled in, she hasn't come out.

I've had to have someone create a pulley system just to get food to her window since she wouldn't open the door for anyone, and I, being the idiot I am, gave her the only key. I know, I could pick the lock, but I'm trying to get her to trust me and picking her lock would only decrease how much she trusts me.

"Kyler, you have to go see her. I've got a bad feeling about what's going on behind her locked door." Faith tells me.

Roxie has this gut feeling every time something bad is going to happen. It ends up happening. I think she's physic, but she says it's all in the gut, not the head.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"I don't know exactly know, but what I do know, is it's going to be really bad."

I nod and head upstairs. We're the only ones up, since it's almost midnight on a weekend, and the boys and a few others are out doing some business while the rest of the gang lives in a house nearby. Going to my room, I grab my lock-picking kit (just in case) and walk up one more flight of stairs to Rebecca's room.

I knock on the door twice, softly, and say, "Rebecca, can I come in."

No answer. I knock again, louder this time. No answer yet again. Now I'm getting a bad feeling. I knock rapidly as hard and loud as I can. If she was asleep, she's awake now and ignoring me, or something else is happening. I kneel down, grab my tools, and within a few minutes, the door swings open. I walk in and hear the water running in the bathroom, and no Rebecca in her bed.

At this point, I'm beyond worried and don't care what-or who-I hurt, all I want to know is where she is. The bathroom door is unlocked, so swinging it open, I see Rebecca, sitting in a bathtub starting to fill up to the point of over-flowing with red water. I look at her, she's cutting slits in her wrists but stops a second after I walk in.

She's doesn't even acknowledge my presence, but I don't care about that, I care about the blood. Rushing to her, I pick her up out of the water and grab the nearest towel before pressing down on her wrists to try to stop the bleeding. 

"Stay awake Rebecca, stay with me now," I tell her.

A few minutes later, the bleeding stops and I turn off the water, it's already spilled all over the floor, but I couldn't care less at the moment. All I care about is the broken angel in my arms. I sit down on the floor with her. My shirt starts to feel warmer, not cold like it was originally from the water. I look down at Rebecca and realize she's crying.

I wrap my arms around her small, fragile body even more. She's shaking slightly. 

"I-I'm sorry." She stutters in barely a whisper.

"It's okay Rebecca, it's okay," I whisper as I kiss her forehead.

"W-Why did you stop me?" She asks in yet another, barely whispers.

"You, aren't dying on me any time soon. The world needs more people like you."

"Why would the world need a worthless, waste of space, piece of trash like me?"

"Who told you that?"

"Why?"

"Because you are none of those things. You are beautiful, you are smart, you have a beyond pure heart. You are amazing in every way, shape, and form. Never let anyone tell you otherwise."

She lifts her head, the best she can, and says, "You asked who gave me all my bruises and scars. You asked who made me this way. Well, I'll tell you."

"I'll tell you." She whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that is the end of the newest chapter. Sorry for such the long wait, I had writers' block, and I just got back from a trip too, but I'm back and have a few new ideas for the story. Next chapter will be out soon. ~Em Edited 4/18/19