Chapter 5 ~ Rebecca

I was beaten after the front door shut, saying they saw me and shit like that. I blocked them out. After they left, I cleaned myself up, I took out the silver blade from under my sink. The knife was the last thing she gave to me, and it will soon be the last thing I use, like her, but not yet. I press it against my skin and slip it across my wrist.

Like magic, red, thick liquid comes out in a thin line, but not too much. I smile a bit as I wrap it up to stop the bleeding after a couple of minutes to get ready for bed. I take a quick, cold shower since they won't allow me hot ones and put on red sweatpants and an old, oversized t-shirt.

~~The Next Morning~~

I wake up to my annoying alarm. I groan and quickly turn it off before rolling off of my mattress on the floor. I get up, brush my teeth the best I can, and put on skinny jeans, a grey shirt with a pocket on one side and a maroon red hoodie. I put on beat up converse and grab my bag before I quickly and quietly crept downstairs and out the door.

It's a 20-minute walk to school and I have an hour. I don't even know why I get up this early sometimes. I get there and go to the library. I sit down and the bad boy, Kyler Ross, and the three other guys. I try to get up and walk away from them when Kyler whispers, "I know who to really are, Hoodie Girl. "

My breath hitches. I turn to him as his arm quickly goes around my head. My hood comes down and releases my sunset blond hair becomes visible...along with my bruises. Anger fills his eyes as he picks me up bridal style and carries me out of school, even against my silent protests. I make sure my hood is back up, finally realizing he won't be putting me down any time soon.

He puts me on his motorcycle before driving off, me clinging to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited 4/18/19 Thanks for reading and let me know if I missed anything. ~Em