Chapter Two: The Pentagon

Last updated: February 3rd 2016

********

"Are you serious, the pentagon?" I actually wasn't that surprised, more like disappointed that he had found it too small of an event to tell me about. It had taken me a good half an hour to coax the story out of him. I guess it would have been ten times easier to just look at the event myself but he had made me promise that I wouldn't do that without his consent when we first met. People often get so defensive when they learn that I know everything about them, but at this point in my life I have not found anything about a person that I can harshly judge them for. Humans, after all, are strange creatures. 

"Yep" He said with one of the ridiculous smiles plastered on his face.

"Just to break out this one guy..."

"Precisely."

"A guy who shot and killed the president of the United States."

"Yeah" He looked as though he was surprised at how I was taking this. "There a problem?"

"Not as long as they didn't see your face" I said with exasperation as I fell back into a rather fluffy chair and my hair fell in front of my eyes.

My gaze was fixed upon the television screen; the channel was the evening news. I was the type of person who was actually interested in what was happening around the world rather than a whole lot of my generation. A small portion of the back of brain knew the reason I was always glued to the news was because of the tension growing between human and mutants and though I hated admitting it, scared me a lot and it should anyone.

I sat with a foot tucked underneath me and and a pillow situated in my lap as I hugged it. I was so absorbed in the story of a fire that had broken out in a local diner that the sudden words that came from Peter made me jump.

"You gonna go?" He asked

"Go where?" I asked relaxing back into my little grove in the cushion.

"That school" He said

"What school?" I asked.

"The school that lady mentioned before the fire" he said. Huh, guess I zoned out longer than I though I did.

"What Kind of school is it?" I asked as I pried my attention from the man who was droning on the screen.

"Mutant school" He said popping a chip into his mouth.

"So that place really does exist?" I confirmed. For the past few months, the few other mutants I had know had been approached to attend a school for gifted people. I thought it was some kind of privet school for all those kids who scored high on some prestigious test, but there was talk that they were offered a safe place to learn not just the state-given curriculum.

"My family would never let me" I said shrugged. "And besides, what else do I need to know about what I do?" I tried to search my mind of what I needed to learn about what I could do. I knew that my mutation wasn't so special or even interesting, but I had gotten over its lameness a long time ago. With a mutation like mine I could get away with going my whole life with out being found out if I was careful, which can't be said for everyone out there.

"But let's say they showed up at your house and offered you a place, do you think your mom would really have the stomach to say no?"

I scoffed, he was right. My mother might have been bitter about what I was, but she also thinks that I am some time bomb and practically shakes to be near me. It's absurd because I'm not really the sadistic type nor dangerous in any feasible way.

"I mean I would really like to go if it even exists, but what about Lorna? What if she turns out to be a mutant too? I've gotta be there if she is. You know my parents will ship her off god knows where."

"Then I'd look after her" he said and my heart gave way slightly and I smiled, "you know that"

"You wouldn't go?" I asked tilting my head. And he nodded to confirm. "Why?" I pressed, genuinely curious.

"It's not really something explainable at the moment." He said and I was taken aback slightly. Peter always shared his thoughts, but I decided not to ask why because it obviously meant something to him.

*******

Question Of the Day!!: if you could meet any x-men member who would it be and why?

my answer: definitely professor Xavier... he's Charles Xavier... 'nuff said
And because he could invite me to his school and tell me about life or something cool. or Colossus cause he's pretty much my bae