Chapter Three: Charles Xavier

Last Updated February 3rd 2016

^Josephine^

****

I woke up the next morning with a horribly slug-like attitude. The day seemed to be glaring at me from the get go.

"Josephine!" I heard someone yell from downstairs. I groaned and buried my head under my pillow. After drifting off for about three minuets I heard my name again. Knowing I would never be aloud to go back to sleep I threw off my comforter and got out of bed, grumbling. I slunk to my bathroom and attempted to control my ridicules mass of blonde curls with a light gel. I rubbed some moisturizer on my face in a rather unattractive fashion and impressed my half-alive self by managing to do a decent liquid liner. I pulled on clean clothes (one tends not to care what they look like when first waking up) and flopped down the stairs.

I heard my mom talking to someone that was not my dad in the living room. Turning the corner, I saw two strangers; one sitting on the couch, the other in a wheel chair.

Now I usually try not to pry into other people's minds but I couldn't help my self. I looked at the life of the tall lanky one on the couch. Flicking by his life profile quickly so I just got the gist of it. Science kid, real smart, mutant, had some kind of mishap with a drug, his name was Hank... but overall he seemed like a nice guy, though he had a quick temper.

In the few seconds I had zoned out, my mother had noticed me standing there.

"Ah there she is!" She said in an uncharacteristically happy voice. And both of the men turned to look at me.

"Did I do something wrong...?" I asked apprehensively slow. Tempted to take a step back.

"Oh no! we were just discussing your, your-ah..." I sighed, she had always been uncomfortable with the whole thing.

"Mutation" one of the men finished patiently and my mother smiled in a awkward thanks.

Well he's British I thought to myself.

"You're from that school, aren't you?" I asked with a huge smile sweeping across my face and I remembered what Peter and I were talking about last night.

"Indeed I am." He said "allow me to introduce myself, I'm-

"-Charles Xavier." I finished, smiling brightly. He had to have known about my abilities because not even a microexpression changed on his face. He extended his hand. I shook it, still mesmerized that he was actually here.

"Yes, I was hoping you'd be interested actually."

"Are you kidding? Of course I am" I said, taking a seat next to my mother who then proceeded to ever-so-slightly shift away from me.

"The semester starts in a little over a month" Hank said, speaking for the first time. "So far we have nearly seventy-five kids enrolled." He looked proud and I figured he should be.

"Well it would be such an honor to go! I would really love to attend" I said brightly, waiting for my mother to appose me.

A silence started to spread over the room until it was shattered by the sound of the phone ringing in the kitchen. I immediately shot up and raced to get it. I caught my mother give me a nasty look so I have her a wink.

"Hello?" I answered, picking up the shrieking communication device.

"I need to talk to you." I heard Peter say over the line.

"Well, isn't that what you're doing right now?" I asked cheekily, looping my index finger around the spiraling cord.

"It's about Wanda" he explained, ignoring my comment.

"Well shit, what'd she do?" I asked now that he had caught my attention.

There was a pause, the light background static being the only noise that was emitted from the speaker.

"Are you decent?" He asked finally. I laughed.

"Yeah, and if you come now, you might meet a couple of interesting guests." I said looking out the window to what only could be the car of our guests that was at the curb.

"Well be sure to tell mother-dearest I'm on my way." And with that he hung up on me.