Chapter Four: New Record

Sound track: Story I Heard - Blind Pilot

-----

As soon as I set down the phone on the receiver I hit the stopwatch that I had put next to the phone a long time ago. I stood there, just tapping my foot watching the tiny needle race across the face of the clock. I did this for about sixteen seconds before I heard a brief knock on the door. Pushing down the timer the hand stopped and I skipped over to the door still hearing my mother attempting to maintain a conversation in the living room.

"I do believe you've made a new record my good sir." I said as I opened the door to see a rather accomplished looking Peter.

"Whose car is that?" He asked jerking a thumb at the one parked on the curb.

"What, you didn't look?" I asked with surprise.

"If I had done that I wouldn't have beaten my time." He said like it was obvious.

I held the door open and he waltzed through it making sure to be way too close to my face just to be weird and he ruffled my hair making me swat at his hand, the curls didn't appreciate getting messed with more than necessary.

Peter found his way to my kitchen and as if by routine, proceeded to raid my food and organize the dishes in my sink. I leaned against the counter with my arms crossed as I watched him speed around my kitchen like it was his own making who-knows-what. Stopping here and there for a split second to do a small task. It was always rather amusing to watch him.

"So... what's up?" I asked hopping up so that I was siting cross-legged on top of the counter. "You mentioned your sister."

"Well she just hasn't talked to me in a while..." He said with a frown as he set out a pot, putting a spoon in his mouth to gain an extra hand.

I stared at him dumbfounded for a good ten seconds and he paused, staring back at me in a stiff manor. After the six second mark, he broke.

"What?" He demanded a tad confused.

"She hasn't talked to you?... Seriously? I spoke with her maybe four days ago."

"Josephine!" my mother's voice interrupted my thoughts. I held a finger up to pause my conversation with Peter before rolling over my shoulder to take the two or so steps to the living room.

"Yes?" I asked before seeing that our guests had moved from the spots I had left them at. "Oh! It was so wonderful meeting the both of you, it really was" I said smiling "I do look forward to seeing you quite soon" I added making sure to look at my mother with the top of my vision.

"And to you my dear" Charles said returning the smile "and be sure to give Peter my best" he added before exiting our home.

I was surprised slightly by his words as I made my way back to the kitchen. And I had finally had the chance to notice what Peter had been making for himself... macaroni and cheese at ten in the morning... Brilliant.

"Well, as of right now I don't think you have anything to worry about" I said swiping his spoon before he could eat what was on it and gave him a cheesy smile. (Pun definitely intended)

"And I'm the hopeless one." Peter remarked as I walked over to the window.

"Huh" I thought aloud.

"Who were they?" He asked appearing next to me. It had stopped making me jump a long time ago.

"Friends of yours apparently" I said turning to give him the stink-eye. "One of them knew your name."

***

Hello lovely people! Just wanted to say a quick hello! Now for a question of the day: if you could rename the earth, what would you call it and why? (No reason for this question... its a. just cause kinda thing) thanks for being awesome!

What time is it? Question time! Who is your favorite comic couple?

Mine? Blackbolt and medusa (inhumans) or kitty pryde (shadowcat) and peter Rasputin (colossus)Hello lovely people! Just wanted to say a quick hello! Now for a question of the day: if you could rename the earth, what would you call it and why? (No reason for this question... its a. just cause kinda thing) thanks for being awesome!

what time is it? Question time!: who is your favorite comic couple?

Mine? Blackbolt and medusa (inhumans) or kitty pryde (shadowcat) and peter Rasputin (colossus)