Part 7) Stitches

Aurora

I can see Cecilia really wants to be strong but, she doesn't understand what Romeo and I've been through to get where we are.

"You learn to manipulate emotion growing up with it." I say coldly staring at the ground. "Lets go." I say walking away before she could protest.

"Aurora, what is he going to do to him? Can you stop him?" She asked looking at me like I just ran over her favorite dog.

Rage began to fill my eyes with every question. "He can take it." I say walking down a narrow all back to the crowd.

I walk until I can't hear anyone. I hear the light footsteps of Cecilia on my heels. Walking to the hall on the farthest side of the house. I open a small door that was in the wall.

"Get in." I say opening a door. Cecilia hesitated but went in. I follow into the room with her.

"What-" Was all she got out before I cut her off.

"Listen." I say taking a breath and collecting my thoughts. "Here in about twenty minutes you will have to stay calm okay?" I say pull a white sheet off a table.

The room was big enough to fit about ten people. No windows. No closets. There was a big table and only a sink.

"We don't have much time."

"For what?" She asked looking at me.

"Well remember when I said you get use to the noise? This isn't the first time. We knew one wack from grandfather would have put you in the hospital." I say grabbing white towels out of the back.

"Why do you think he took the hit for you?" I ask with a light smile.

I could see the expression on her face change to worry. "Will he be okay?"

"Well. . .we will find out in about ten minutes or so." I answer glancing down at my watch.

"Now quick grab all the wrap we have in the box over there." I say pointing to a big box of supplies.

Right on time Romeo and Maurice come barging through the door. Romeo of course looks dead. Cecilia screams at the sight of him.

"Maurice I need you to take Cecilia to her room." I said helping him carry Romeo. "She doesn't need to see this."

With a quick movement Romeo was on the table. Maurice nodded then took Cecilia with him out the door. I began working as quick as I could. I use hot water to clean the wounds and seeing places that might need stitches.

I hook him up to an IV hoping it'd help. Sitting down it brings back more memories.

(Flashback. Age 10)

We were in a chair again. But this time a tank was behind us. I noticed Romeo soaked. I can barely keep my eyes open. It's so hard to not close them. Drifting in and out. Wanting to stay awake but, its hard I notice marks on Romeo's arm. Track marks. They were drugging him. I try to look down but, the room is spinning.

"Per chi lavori?" I hear someone ask. Looking around I couldn't see anyone.

(Who do you work for?)

Romeo went to answer but, stops. I look to see what was wrong. Grandpa walked towards us.. But with a little present. The thing buzzed a couple of times. When he got closer I could see what it was. A tazer.

Waking up again grandpa talked to me. "Per chi lavori?"  I didn't answer fast enough and earned myself another dunking.

The chair swings back fast into the boiling water. I want to scream but, my mouth was drowned out by water. They bring me back up. This happened ten times before grandpa felt satisfied.

"You both rest up we have big plans tomorrow." Grandpa says with a huge smile.

Romeo could barely walk. We head to our rooms. When we get there he watched me have a break down. I began to sob wondering what we did to earn this. Every now and then he'd put a hand on my shoulder. Scared as much as I was, I was too far damaged to show it. I tried to be strong for us.

(Present)

I snap out of it sensing movement in the room. 

"Romeo, I thought you wouldn't wake up this time." I say a little sarcastically.

"Don't I always?" He asked ripping the IV out.

"Do I really need to answer that?" I ask grabbing a cup of hot tea. Hot tea relaxes the body when stressed. Although there wasn't much that could relax Romeo when stressed.

"Where is she?"

"She'll be fine. Now lay back down." I say pushing him. " I had to put a few stitches in your body. You need to take it easy."

"Easy? What is easy?" His he teased, voice starting to rise. "Now goshdamnit Aurora where is she?" He asked allowing his temper to take over.

"It's none of your damn business right now so lay back down." I say with my own rising.

"She doesn't realise how much this cost me." He said relaxing, laying back down.

"You did the right thing." I say helping him fix where wounds opened back up. "We both know one hit from him and it could've probably killed her."

He just sat there in the silence. We sit there for a couple minutes before I return to my chair.

"I was just thinking about that time in Bari." I say with a little smile.

"Those were some good times." He says laughing a little at the thought.

"You mean when we both almost drowned to death." I said with sarcasm.

"No, I mean when we both jumped off the bridge running from some of grandpa's men." He says laughing so loud I wouldn't doubt people outside could hear him.

"Yeah when I broke my leg and you had to carry me back home." I say rolling my eyes.

"Aurora. You know I like to help you."

"Oh yeah, look who's helping who."

He didn't respond for a moment. "And I am thankful for it." He says getting up.

He hugs me and walks out.