Part 11) Young, Rich, and Hungry

The dark clouds gathered in his eyes again. I tried not to think about them keeping my calm. It was hard to keep my head however when it was constantly being grabbed by Romeo's hands.

"I'm not really dead, therefore you are still my wife Cecilia. And you don't fuck anything but me." He grabbed my face tightly warning me.

"I'd rather die." I spit out.

"I don't make promises I can't keep." He lets my face go.

"Our marriage isn't a promise, it's a lie." I whispered.

"Do you want me to hit you!" He roared making me jump out of my seat.

I tightened my legs together in fear I might wet myself scared.

"I will not hesitate. It will not be flirtatious, and you will not like it." He grabbed my wrist in his clutch till my wrist turned red.

"Ow ow ow." I cried closing my eyes.

When I tried to pull away he pulled my wrist up to his chest. "You are mine. You belong to me and no one else. If I hurt you there is nothing, no one on this earth can do about it. I'm not gonna kill you. But I'm gonna hurt you real real bad. You'll never see it coming. You need to learn something CeCe, I'm the boss- No. . .Im God. My word is law."

A light shines in his eyes. He wasn't here anymore. Romeo was high off the control. I knew men like this before. These were usually the men my dad fired. Reckless.

He dropped my hand sulking in his chair. We didn't talk for hours.

When the phone started to ring his eyes shot open.

"Fuck! Cazzo! Prendi quella puttana da casa mia. Dì al Marchetti che non sono interessato al loro stupido cavallo da corsa. Non mi interessa se questo sembra duro, questo mob è sotto una nuova gestione. Di 'a Aurora di occuparsene, e se stessa. Anche tu." He hung the phone up abruptly.

(Fuck! Get that whore out of my house. Tell the Marchetti's I'm not interested interested in their stupid race horse. I don't care if that sounds harsh, this mob is under new management. Tell Aurora to take care of it, and herself. You too.)

I could only follow along so much as I was taught little Italian. His shoulders tensed up as he leaned back taking deep breaths. I watched his chest heave up and down.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"None of your business Cecilia." He responds coldly.

I turn away from him angry he always rejects my sympathy.

"We can't call the family until we get back. I'm frustrated." He admits after a while.

I placed my hand on his shoulder turning back to him. He jumped at first almost pulling away but gave in and settled into my touch.

He closed his eyes eventually shrugging my hand off. Why did he have to be so cruel to me?! Why was this doomed to be my life? I begin daydreaming of our lives. He would forever treat me as an object. I no longer had a purpose in my life.

I began to sob quietly trying not to wake Romeo.

He downs a glass of champagne in one gulp as the plane lands.

"Where are we?" I asked hopelessly looking out the window.

"Monaco." He says grabbing the suitcase from off the carry on.

He holds his hand out in the aisle for me to take. I turn my nose up to it unsatisfied.

"Have you ever been to Monaco?"