Part 20) Masochist

She let me put my shirt back on forcing me to talk in the back room.

"How did you find me?" I sneered angry.

"It wasn't hard." Her cold voice sent chills through my arms.

"This isn't safe-"

"It doesn't matter anymore. I see how you've been using your time. This isn't a vacation Romeo." She pushed on my chest.

"Then call it a honeymoon." I pulled her arm away.

"What's going to happen when her brother comes back from Venezuela?" Mother sneers.

"I taught Lucca a lesson he wouldn't forget a long time ago-"

"Not that one! David!" She snaps.

"I don't know David-"

"Exactly Romeo. You've let it slip for too long. Go home, research David, and get your head out of this girl-"

This time I cut her off. "Cecilia loves me. You never did that. You've never cared for me!"

"Were not having a dr.phil Romeo! She doesn't love you, she's manipulating you, and if you can't focus on what's really important, she's replaceable. You're allowing her to blur your vision." At that moment she smacked me. "There's only one reason she's here. Business. She's a Russo isn't she?" She raised an eyebrow.

"What have you heard about David?" I asked clearing my head.

"He's been selling services from the Russo's in Venezuela. He's very attached to Cecilia. Rumors say he wanted you dead." She lights a cigarette.

"Well hasn't he heard?" I asked confused.

"He disappeared. Nobody's seen him since a week before the wedding. He doesn't know anything. Dante suspects he's tracking you down. That's why I came. Time to come home Romeo. This little randevu has done nothing good for you. Why did you think it would be a good idea to fake your own death anyways?!" She throws her hands in the air.

"I have my reasons." I put my finger to my mouth thinking about the damage Dante's already done.

"I suppose you can discuss that with your father. Damn runt." She muttered under her breath.

"What did you just say?" I inched closer to her.

"Nothing. It's nothing Romeo." She waves around her cigarette.

"Runt?"

She sighed taking a seat again.

"Why do you always have to be like this?"

"Say it mama." I stood back.

"You're not your father's son. Dante's not the only bastard. Neither is Aurora. We took her in from the Mario's two weeks after you were born. Franco only took liking to you because he felt guilty for his mistakes. He despised Dante for sleeping around, and took favor to you to make up for it." She put her hands in her head.

"Who's my father?" I asked flustered. "Who?!"

She jumped at my rage. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry mama. Who?" I kneeled down to her level.