Part 12) Amami

Light seeped through my eyelids finding the morning sun unsettling.

"It's been so long since I haven't woken up hungover."

I jump at the sound of his voice above me. My hands rested on his bare chest and my body unconsciously curved around him. I didn't know what I was doing. What I had done in my sleep. What I had felt.

He lifted his massive body from the bed, going to wash his face and brush his teeth. He took his time getting dressed. I assumed most things he did back home were always rushed.

"There are things for you in the suitcase." He pointed to the pile of leather suitcases next to the bed.

I kept the blankets wrapped around me waiting for him to leave. As he exited I opened one of them finding a few outfits packed for me. They were all brands I had never heard of. I was used to Valentino and Versace but I had never heard of Chanel?

I slipped the thin blouse over my head and a pair of denim shorts. Something I would never be allowed to wear in my own house.

One of the bags contained a small amount of makeup. I hear Romeo creep in behind me.

"I figured we'd buy you new things, sí?" He nodded standing on the door frame.

"Sí." I put by head between my knees taking deep breaths.

"What's wrong?" He asked flatly.

"I'm so confused." I admitted as my head started to  spin.

"Riguardo a cosa?" He asked.

(About what)

"The last twenty hours."

"I asked you to cry at my funeral and run away with me Cecilia. How confusing could it possibly be?" He said ignorantly.

"How long is this gonna last?" I asked lifting my head.

"As long as it needs to." He handed me a pair of expensive looking sneakers.

I inhaled deeply not saying another word. I knew he wouldn't tolerate any more questions. I stood defeated.

"Don't you like shopping?" He asked.

"I guess." I shuffled my feet feeling distant since last night.

He led me to the garage where a new Lamborghini sat. I rolled my eyes unphased.

"We need cell phones, clothes, furniture." He rambled mostly to himself.

I sat quietly as he drove us to town. I held onto the sides of the vehicle taken back by the speed.

"Gosh! Are you trying to kill us?!" I screamed.

He only smiled maliciously in response. I sensed he was getting a rise out of this. He wore a loose pinstripe dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. However, he still tucked it in remaining formal.

I silently said prayers to myself, hoping to keep my cool.

At first sight I gasped at the unfamiliar scene. Romeo took my hand walking me out of the parking garage. 

"I'll take a head if somebody dings my doors." He grumbled leaving our only car.

I kept as safe distance as I could with my hand in his grip. My mother wouldn't let me out of sight most of the time much less go to the mall or a friends house. It wasn't an ordinary childhood.

Romeo dug around in his pocket for something reaching the entrance of the store. He revealed a crumpled piece of paper covered in scribbles.

"What should we get first?" He asked looking intently at the list.