Part 14) Impulsive

"Romeo! What are you doing!" I shout.

"Would you stop playing fucking dumb! Gosh! I like you already. Okay Cecilia! Is that what you wanted to hear?" He shouts looking me dead in the eyes.

"What?" I stare back at him like a deer in headlights. "I don't understand." I look away from his intense hold.

"Ever since that dinner we shared four years ago, when one of the Russians tried to kidnap you and you kicked him in the balls. Your independent. I like that. It's sexy. " He continued to stare at me like I had just cut off my own head.

I breathed frantically unable to think about anything he was saying. "What! I was thirteen! Romeo, you pervert!" I slapped him hard on the cheek.

My hand instantly went up to cover my mouth coming to terms with my impulsive decision. He growled low in his chest letting his anger thrive for a moment until he was able to hold it back.

He froze with his fist in the air as I cowered beneath his large sinewy body. We were both flustered and pumped with young adrenaline. His face only inches from mine again.

Suddenly it all made sense as Romeo grabbed my face melting his lips with mine. Now I had a reason for his kisses to feel right. They weren't as guilty. It was as if my life before this moment had been a fog and he had just lifted it. Like the veil before our kiss at the wedding.

In less than two minutes Romeo had become my new obsession. I died in his touch. It was everything I ever needed.

"I want to be that man. That man you keep talking about. I'm him." He huffed dominantly.

"How can I trust you?" I asked desperately.
He lifted me off the seat laying me down on my back.

"This is why we're not meant to love." He licked his lips before devouring my face again.

He's possessive with his kisses holding me down. I gasp for air when he lets me, turning purple. I couldn't hold my breath like him.

"What if we do?" I pull away.

"Love?" He asks. I nod.

"Pray you don't Cecilia. The rumors are true." He resumes kissing me.

A sick feeling rested in both of our stomachs. This could only end badly. Probably with my head at the end of guillotine.

A pause came with a knock at the window.

"Hey you kids get off the road." A lean man in uniform tapped a flashlight against the door.

"Yes officer." Romeo winkined before starting the engine.

"Is this some kind of trick. Romeo Montana obeying authority?" I giggled.

"We're on vacation Cecilia. We have no reputation here. That being said I'm still very likely to slit someone's throat. You remember how we were talking about your family?" He implied the fighting.

"Yes." I said cautiously.

"Just curious, what have you done to my family?" He raised a skilled eyebrow.

"I married you." I thought he knew this.

"You can't be that sheltered." He lifted his hand off the wheel. He was more loose than before.

"Believe it or not I lived a pretty normal life. My father went to work in the morning. My brothers went to a different school than I did. And when they came home we all ate dinner and went to bed. There was the occasional family outing. But not often. We didn't talk about business in the house. Limited violence-

"Stop! Just stop right there.?You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Your father never drug you out to look at dead bodies at three am? Your mother never made dinner with a black eye? You were never hit when father was angry at the tv?!" He asked shocked and subtly angry.

"Your fucked up." I said rolling down the window.

"Listen," He pulled away from the sand and parked the car. "your vanilla." He tossed me a volley ball walking down to the water.

"Vanilla? What's that supposed to mean? You play?" I kicked my shoes off sticking my feet in the warm water.

"A little bit. You're basic darling." I tossed the ball to him.

He crouched to his knees perfectly bouncing it back. The muscles in his forearms became more prominent. I licked at the corners of my mouth aroused. Everything was different now.

"Cecilia!" Romeo called alarmed.

I furrowed my eyebrows together confused. As my brain tried to process what he said it literally hit me. In the left side of my head.

"Ow!" A gosh damn frisbees branded a red line across the side of my face.

Only this could happen to me. I thought about falling in the sand and crying rather than brushing it off as nothing. Instead I just touched my temple looking dazed.

Romeo rushed to my location.

"Fucking jerk!" Romeo shouted and snapped the frisbee in half.

He crouched to my side observing the embarrassing mark on my head. His fingers gently grazed me as I looked up to his gorgeous face. I shook my head trying not to focus on him.

"Look at me." He commanded. I couldn't deny him.

"Dr. Montana." I laughed at the thought.

"I considered it. Father would never let me. He'd rather have Aurora run the family business than Dante. And that would be shameful." He moved his hand from my forehead to my cheek.

"I always wondered what my life would be like if my father were a baker instead. If I actually got to know my brothers." I leaned into his touch.

He sat down with me in the sand.  "I hate my brother. I can see him slitting my throat in my sleep one day. I love him, but I hate him. I love Aurora. But it's different. We're very business. She's my assassin." He smiled proud of her work.

I looked away in turn at the sun. "I'm jealous of what you two have. The closeness. You love her, don't you?"

"There's nothing incestuous going on if that's what you're implying." He turned his nose up at me.

"Almost. But not quite." I stared off at the distant sea.

I laid back sinking into the warm sand closing my eyes. My feet pleasantly curled into the shells beneath the blanket of the water. The loose dress on my body bunched around my waist like a skirt.

My eyes remained closed as Romeo decided to mount me carefully holding his weight. "You think I'm in love with my sister?" His close breath hitting my nose. He smelled like peppermints and fresh air.

"Part of me does. But most of me thinks everyone else is too afraid of you." I could almost whisper he was so close.

"You accuse me of being in love with my sister and then you imply I have no friends. You've got some guts Russo. That's what makes your family such a pain in my ass. Like the Japanese, you don't give up." He growled hovering above my face.

"No one knows anything about your family besides your harsh unnecessary violence. It's hard not to jump to conclusions." I defend myself poorly but honestly.

A greedy hand prys me off of the calm beach and towards his body.

"Why shouldn't I take you right here. In front of everyone. Why are you so special?" He asked me curious but frustrated.

"I think you need to ask yourself." I tried to calm my fluttering heart and relax again, but it was no use against his tempting chest.

"I'm asking you."

I opened my eyes to find his staring right into me. Every single piece of me. "I don't have any of your answers." I squinted from the setting sun behind him.

"Look a little deeper." He asked me.

"Because we can do better than that." I grabbed his hand that was roughly massaging the sand below us.