Part 9) Rather Not

Running into the bathroom I quickly lock the door. I'm not ready for this. Giving everything up just save what? Our family if that. I feel hot tears run down my face. Anger builds up in me. Moms never had a real say in anything. Is that where I lay? I punch a stall becoming furious of everything Romeo and I worked for. Earned it matter of fact. Just to let it get flushed down a toilet.

I look at the mirror noticing the makeup lines I've created. I hit the wall again. A light tap came from the door drawing my attention. I look at my hand to see blood surfing. Another knock.

"One second." I say rubbing my face to try and hide the anger and tears.

"Is everything okay?" The voice asked. Not just a voice. But a man's. I blink a moment.

"Umm. Yes, just a little sick from drinking." I say trying to make them leave.

"Are you sure? That sounds like a lie." He says laughing a little.

"It doesn't concern you." I swing the door open this time.

I stood there shocked staring at a nice looking man. We've never met. He had to be apart of the Russo family. He had nice brownish hair with hazel eyes.

"It might." He says smiling with his white pearly teeth.

"My names Aris." He says sitting his hand out. "And you are?"

"Aurora." I say bluntly shaking his hand.
"Well, nice to meet you too."

"Real lady killer aren't you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Not as much as you." He says with a light smile. I hear Romeo on the surround sound yelling about something.

"Well sorry to disappoint you I must go." And with that I walked away.

I walk into the room with everyone else. White cream banners hang from the ceiling. White tablecloths with red rose petals on them. Name plates for everyone with a bottle of champagne ready for whenever. I take my seat next to Celica as I was one of the bridesmaids. We sat at the biggest round table in the room. Father and Mother sat close to each other while, Cecilia's parents sat across the table.
Grandfather sat right next to Romeo causing tension.

"What's wrong with you?" Cecilia asked only loud enough for me to here while looking straight.

"Nothing. Just taking care of some business."
She didn't respond. Romeo stood up. "So, this is how we have the night planned: dinner, then dancing, and partying."

The room roared all together. Cheers. Laughs. Small talk. All happening at the same time. Romeo looked satisfied and took his seat again.
"So, how does the older brother feel finally tied down?" I ask with a little smile. Trying to take everything in. Knowing this would be the last night with him for a while.

He looked up to see who made the comment. We made eye contact. "The best thing ever." He says blinking which, gave me little comfort everything might go smoothly.

After dinner Romeo got up to dance with mom, while Cecilia danced with her father. Cecilia left me at the table by myself. I sat there taking another drink of the red wine. Five, I silently counted my drinks. Sitting here I take in the only wedding that will probably happen in this family. The smiles. Laughs. Partners. It was hard taking it in. I took another sip telling myself to not cry. I take another one finishing the glass.

"May I have this dance?"

I already know it's Dante turning in my heels.

"Rather not."

"Oh, come on. You're just sitting here. Might as well make the night last while it's here. Plus I'll be your boss soon anyway." He says sticking a hand out.

"So you think." I say taking his hand.

We danced for what seemed like an hour before Romeo gave the signal to us. I looked to see if anyone would notice. "Well ain't this beautiful?" Dante asked spinning me. I laugh giving Romeo the okay.

"In your dreams."

Dante was Romeo's and I's half brother. He always hated me for being Romeos full sister. He was somewhat short tempered like Romeo. So the wrong thing could set him off. Which didn't bug me. I tried everything to get under his skin ever since we were little. We both dance our way to where we were suppose to exit and leave.