Part 25) Deadlines

He tried to grab me up in his arms but I pushed away. "Come on." He muttered angrily.

I pushed away and clawed at him until he didn't care enough to fight me anymore. He carried me through a different hallway into a room. The room was dark but I could feel a bed and blankets wrap around me as he set me down. I rolled over facing two large windows facing over a body of water.

"Where are we?" I asked while he rummaged around the room.

"Sicily. My house." He answered.

The bed jolted beneath his immense weight as he crawled on next to me. His fingertips grazed my arm up and down. I could feel his now shirtless chest on my back.

"Why did you do that?" I closed my eyes.

"I had to." His deep voice was warm in my neck.

I was beginning to realize we weren't in Monaco anymore. This was Romeo's life. He had a reputation to maintain. There was nothing I could do but accept him.

"Cecilia?"

"Amore." I hopelessly reply.

"I'm sorry." He reaches for my hand and intertwined it with his.

I could sleep now.

I woke up in his arms with my leg wrapped around his waist. It was a rainy day. He didn't get up till late. When I finally decided I had the menta capacity to endure him I stumbled around the house. It was filled with windows and expensive art. I had no idea he liked that.

His kitchen is black and modern like the rest of the house. He sits at a bar in front of a stack of papers.

"Sit." He coldly instructs me.

I didn't even think he had noticed my presence. I did as he said sitting across from him.

He looked up to me from under his bushy eyebrows. I wrapped the sheets around my chest tighter. He wasn't wearing anything but a pair of slacks. I closed my eyes feeling like I had done something wrong. He was so intimidating. I knew it was only because he was silent, but he remained that way for so long.

"What?" I finally asked.

"You, me, this game is over. It's time to talk business now Cecilia. I said I didn't want to be like the other men in this business but some things I can't change." He said in low grumble resting in a sexy scowl.

"Romeo-" I reached for his hand and he pulls away.

"We need to have children."

My mouth falls open in the crisp air. Children? No. No way. I barely even loved Romeo. And I wasn't even sure I wanted kids.

"You already agreed. Sometime around June of  nineteen." He slid a piece of paper over with my signature and my parents.

I got angry shoving the papers back at him with both hands. "No!" I stood.

"Cecilia!" He grabbed my wrist pulling me back down from across the table.

I rubbed at them glaring at him. "So you're going to rape me." I glared off behind him.

"It doesn't have to be that way-"