Chapter One

THIN LINES

THE SEQUEL TO DARK SIDE - A MARKIPLIER FANFIC

CHAPTER ONE

“You ready?” A sweet, soothing voice spoke these two words to me. It was the most amazing voice I had ever heard, and I never got tired of listening to it.

“I was born ready,” I answered, with obvious excitement in my voice. It was going to be a great day, I just knew it. I walked out the door of the apartment I lived at and the man with the great voice closed it and locked it behind me. He was a charming guy. He was Korean and German and American. His dark faux hawk, which had gotten very long, had been recently cut down a little bit, but it still looked great on him. He wore glasses over his chocolate brown eyes that could win anyone over. A black t-shirt with a pixilated M, medium wash jeans, and black and red sneakers covered his decently built body. He was Mark Fischbach, more commonly known as Markiplier, his name that he got from his growing Youtube channel. He was also my boyfriend.

The reason that he called me his still baffled me. I was Claire Golding, a nobody. My long, straight, dark brown hair and blue eyes were nothing special. I guessed I had a decent body, but I was only five foot one, for crying out loud. I didn’t see myself as anything more than average, but Mark saw me as more than that. Of course, if he had never kidnapped me, that wouldn’t be true and he would never even know I existed. As crazy as it sounds, I was thankful that he had chosen my random house in East Jesus Nowhere to target on a winter night a year and a half ago. That insane night was what initially brought us to where we were today, which was the very opposite of East Jesus Nowhere.

“You think we’ll be able to beat the good old LA traffic?” I wondered out loud as I stepped out into the warm outside air. It was a beautiful day, perfect for a short-sleeved shirt, shorts, and sandals, which was what I happened to be wearing.

“I think so. It’s past lunchtime but not yet rush hour or dinner time. We should be alright,” Mark decided. We both got into his car, him in the driver’s seat and me in the passenger seat. He put the key in the ignition and turned it, bringing his black vehicle to life. I did the honors of opening the sunroof and turning on some music, and we rode through the streets of California that way, soaking in the bright sunlight.

Mark and I had moved to Los Angeles recently - about three weeks previously, actually. We had a relationship started during my junior year of college, after the whole kidnapping incident, but it had to be long distance while he was living in Cincinnati, Ohio and I was attending school five hours away. However, once I graduated, we knew we had to change things. We wanted to be close to each other, and Mark needed to leave Ohio for Cali, in order to take on the countless opportunities that were waiting for him there. We decided to go together, and live together, since we had been roommates once before.

“Turn left in one thousand feet,” Mark’s GPS chimed after we had been driving for about ten minutes. “Turn left now!” It demanded a few seconds later. Mark did so and we found our destination of choice on the new street very easily, despite the fact that we had never been there before. We were still pretty new to the area, and we had a lot of places yet to see. High Voltage Tattoo was one of them, but not for long. That was our destination of choice for the day. It was a place I had always wanted to visit. As a sucker for tattoos, I dreamed of getting one done by the legend herself, Kat Von D. Now it was finally going to happen.