Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

About one month after Mark and I had delivered our news to our friends and family, I was surprised at how things were going.  Well, some things. It seemed like I had become a lot more sensitive to smells, and my nausea had only gotten worse. That I could have gone without.  However, my stomach still didn’t look much bigger. I had noticed a small difference, but nothing drastic that screamed “I’m pregnant”. That technically wasn’t supposed to happen until another month had passed, so it didn’t really worry me. I had been taking vitamins and eating carefully, and I definitely hadn’t been drinking at all, so I didn’t suspect any problems. Things were going very well, except that I had one thing on my mind.

“When are you going to tell your fans?” I asked as I watched Mark put the finishing touches on editing for a video.

“When am I going to tell them what?” he wondered, only half listening. I rolled my eyes, but he didn’t see.

“You know what,” I mumbled. He finished what he was doing and turned to face me.

“I don’t know. When should I tell them?”

“Before I start showing too much. Otherwise they’ll see the two of us out somewhere and spread the word for you,” I told him.

“Yeah, I guess that’s true. Maybe I’ll just tell them tomorrow,” he decided. He had a worried expression on his face, and I knew what he was thinking.

“They’ll accept it, Mark. It’ll be fine,” I assured him. The ones that didn’t weren’t true fans, and he didn’t need them anyways.

“I hope so.”

***************************************************

Mark’s POV

It was time. My fans knew a lot of personal things about me. They knew it when I went through tough times and when great opportunities were granted to me. They knew when I entered a new relationship, and now they would know that I was going to become a father. After all of the things we had been through together, even if it was only indirectly, they deserved this. Now, not months later when the baby was about to be born. When MY baby was about to be born.

Usually, I didn’t get nervous about telling my fans things like this. It actually excited me. I remember being happy to announce to them that Claire and I were together. But now, I was afraid to give them such big news. I think it was because of my insecurity about the whole thing. I still found myself creating scenarios in my head about what might happen with me as a father, and it still freaked me out. If I didn’t feel fit to be a dad, how would my fans feel? Of course, some of them would be pleased to hear the news, but what if others saw what I saw? I didn’t want them to rub it in my face while I was already trying to believe that everything would go well for the baby, Claire, and I. But, I had to do this.

It was time for a Vlog, so I made one. I started out with normal news about the channel, some silly things, and then I got serious again to announce that Claire and I were going to have a baby. I edited it quickly and posted it without thinking about it. I just wanted to get it over with. I waited a few hours before I went online again to look at comments and messages. When I did, I was surprised.

Everyone was so positive. There were tons of congratulations and happy comments, and I really didn’t see anything bad. I guess my only real enemy at this point was myself, but that wasn’t necessarily a good thing.

“I told you your fans would accept it,” Claire reminded me as I read through some messages from fans.

“Yeah, I know,” I replied, annoyed that she was right.