Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

Claire’s P.O.V.

Out of the car. Through a doorway. Up the stairs. Into the apartment. Mark and I were both anxious to be back in our home, without our friends, for once. We both seemed to sense how the other was feeling. Mark had decided to wear a charcoal gray v-neck and jeans that day, knowing I had a thing for v-necks. I wore shorts that showed off my newest tattoo, knowing that it would make him weak. After the apartment door was locked behind us and I had put my purse down, Mark didn’t hesitate to make a move. He pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back, and he smiled.

“You look incredibly sexy today,” he admitted.

“You do too,” I decided, glancing at the bit of his skull tattoo that peeked out from under his shirt sleeve.

“Thanks,” he said, tightening his grip on my waist. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his, unable to wait any longer. I knew he was stalling to mess with me, and I couldn’t believe he had lasted that long. We kept PDA to a minimum, even if we were just around close friends, so we hadn’t done more than hold hands all day.

“Damn, you don’t mess around,” he laughed, pulling away for a second.

“You’re right, I don’t,” I grinned. Apparently he didn’t mess around either, because he then picked me up and went back to kissing me, my arms around his neck and his hands low. He carried me to our room, where he laid me down on our bed. He got on top of me and kissed my neck, knowing I wouldn’t be able to resist. He tugged at the bottom of my shirt and I let him pull it over my head. He tossed it aside and resumed kissing me, his lips moving from my lips down to my chest and then my stomach. His eyes roamed my body and paused at the button on my shorts. He undid it as well as the zipper and he pulled them off of me, admiring my matching animal print bra and underwear for a moment, as well as my ink that was now in plain view. But after a second, I realized that he was wearing too much. We rolled over so that I was straddling him. I didn’t hesitate to pull off his shirt so I could look at his flawless body and feel the muscles he had worked hard to get. And then there were his tattoos that somehow made him even sexier…I kissed him hard and when he deepened the kiss, I worked on his belt. I wanted Mark, and I didn’t feel like stalling any more than I had to. He seemed to be on the same page, so he reached for the bottom drawer of the bedside table. He retrieved a little square package from it. A minute later, he tore it open.

************************************************************

The sound of the alarm on Mark’s phone almost startled me. I must have been somewhere between awake and asleep when it started to go off. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I felt a body move beside me. It was Mark, reaching for his phone and cursing under his breath when he couldn’t find the off button. About thirty seconds later, the sound ceased, and by then I had propped myself up to see what was going on.

“Got it,” Mark chuckled softly.

“Congrats,” I answered sarcastically.