Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

Mark’s P.O.V.

Knock, knock, knock, knock. The sound of a visitor (or two) at the door broke my gaze out the living room window. It looked beautiful outside. I had learned that it usually was nice out in L.A. There wasn’t a lot to complain about so far except the earthquakes I had experienced. Luckily, they weren’t major, and Claire hadn’t even noticed them when they happened. Heavy sleeper, I guess.

“Can you get that, Mark?” Claire hollered from our room. She was probably changing into nicer clothes than the athletic tank top and shorts she had been wearing all morning.

“I’m on it,” I alerted her. I made my way to the door and opened it to see Daniel and Ryan of Cyndago. I flashed a welcoming smile at them both. This was their first trip out to L.A. since I had moved there, and we hadn’t done a collaboration in a while. I was excited for that to change.

“Hey guys. Welcome to L.A.!” I greeted them, opening the door wider and motioning for them to come in.

“Hi, Mark. Good to see you again.” They made their way inside and I shut the door behind them.

“This seems like a nice place, but I don’t se a girl anywhere. Is she just a hoax?” Daniel wondered as he took in his surroundings.

“Ha ha, very funny. She’ll be out in a second. Do you guys want anything to drink?”

“I’ll take Dr. Pepper, if you have it,” Ryan said.

“Coke for me, please,” Daniel chimed. By the time I grabbed their drinks, Claire had made her way out of our room. Her hair was down and straight, and she now wore white capris and a black tank top adorned with little skulls. I handed the guys their drinks and then put my arm around her.

“Daniel, Ryan, this is my girlfriend Claire. Claire, this is Daniel and Ryan of Cyndago, although you already knew that,” I said. They shook hands finally. They had known about each other for so long, yet they hadn’t formally met until now. It was crazy to think that.

“So, do you guys want to just hang out here for a bit or do you want to go out and get some food?” I wondered. We had work to do, but it didn’t have to be done right away. I wanted my guests to feel welcome.

“We’ll be here all day working on stuff, so why don’t we go out? I’m sure you guys know of a lot of good restaurants in the area by now,” Ryan suggested, Daniel nodding beside him. Claire and I were up for it, so it was decided.

“Alright. Rush hour is hard to beat, so we might want to get going.”

“Mark,” Claire caught my attention.

“Yeah?”

“Lotion.”

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me!” I took the lotion that Claire was holding out for me and pushed up my sleeve.