Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

In Mark's P.O.V.

Another night, another tattoo, another healing process. A few years in the past, I would have never thought I would be where I was now. I never would have guessed that my Youtube channel would take off so fast, or that I'd be in L.A. But even more so, I wouldn't have guessed that my inner Norman Bates would lead me to finding a girl that would accept me for me and actually help me with my unique condition. Not to mention, we both just seemed to click, plus she was beautiful. So were her tattoos, and her new one was no exception. I admired it as I opened up a new bottle of lotion, since it was time to take off the bandages and start taking care of our new body art.

"You ready?" Claire asked, tucking some of her dark hair behind her ear as she did so.

"Yep. Quick, like a band-aid?"

"Quick like a band-aid." We both counted to three and once we got there, we pulled the bandages off of our skin. We cringed in pain for a moment, but we recovered quickly. We each grabbed a wash cloth, put soap and water on it, and gently washed our fresh tattoos, the skull on my arm and the phoenix on her leg. My skin was raw, and it hurt. I craved the lotion, but I liked to put others before myself for the most part.

"I'll do your lotion if you do mine," I suggested.

"Lotion me," Claire laughed. She squirted some into my hands, I rubbed them together, and lightly applied it to the new bird on her thigh. I had to admit that she rocked the tattoo look, and I was strangely attracted to the location of this one.

"Your turn," she said. Once she had lotion in her own hands, she pushed up the short sleeve on my shirt and rubbed lotion onto my arm. Afterwards, she traced the protruding lines that made the new tattoo three-dimensional. She loved how fresh ink stuck out like that.

"Your new tattoo is amazing," she told me, even though she had basically said the same thing earlier. "The placement isn't bad either," she smiled, and I jokingly flexed my biceps, just to mess with her.

"I can say the same thing about yours," I admitted as I took my turn and traced the lines of her phoenix. I started from the tip of the tail and went up to its head, where the tattoo ended. When I was done, I pulled her close to kiss her. Once our lips collided, I didn't want my lips to leave hers, but she knew better.

"It's getting late. We have to get to bed, Mark," Claire reminded me.

"Let's go, then," I decided. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the bedroom we shared.

"Don't get any ideas. We both need to go to sleep," she warned.

"Okay," I answered. I knew she was right, so I changed out of my jeans and into my pajama pants. I ditched my shirt as well, and when I was done I noticed she had changed too quickly into her own pajamas that consisted of short shorts and a t-shirt. She climbed into bed and I joined her. I wanted to listen to her and just tell her goodnight quickly so we could both sleep, but I couldn't help myself. I kissed her hard and wrapped my arms tightly around her, pulling her close to me without touching her sensitive tattoo area.

"Are you deaf? I'm tired!" Claire scolded me. Her voice sounded stern but her eyes were on my bare upper body.

"I'm tired too," I told her.

"God dammit, Mark. Why do you do this to me?" she asked, and I was a little confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You get in bed all shirtless and you kiss me and then expect me to be able to just go to sleep," she clarified.

"Sorry," I apologized, but I wasn't really. I kissed her a few more times before we finally decided to go to sleep.