Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

Claire’s P.O.V.

“Ah. Home sweet home,” Mark chirped as we headed into our LA apartment after a long, boring flight.

“It’s good to be back,” I yawned, setting my bags down.

“Tired?” Mark wondered.

“Just a little.”

“Come on. Let’s get to bed,” he suggested. Before I could respond, he picked me up and carried me to bed. I changed slowly into pjs and got settled under the blankets as Mark took off his shirt and changed into shorts. I felt the mattress shift as he got into bed next to me.

“Goodnight, Claire. I love you,” he said before planting a kiss on my forehead.

“Goodnight, I love you too,” I answered before easily drifting off to sleep.

**********************************************************

I woke up later than I had expected to. Mark was already out of bed and recording a video when I got up. I showered and got dressed and we decided to do a video together, since we hadn’t done that in a while. We found a cool new Indie horror game and did a let’s play of it. It actually ended up being a decent game, and it was fun to play. As soon as the video was posted, the comments came flooding in. Naturally, I was curious, and I read some of them.

The Markiplites had known about me for a while now, and they had mixed feelings. Some of them loved me, others hated me. For the most part, they were supportive about Mark and I, but there were always negative comments. As I scrolled through the comment section, it seemed like only the haters were online.

God, I hate her.

They’re still dating? -_-

She’s so annoying. I wish she’d just shut up!

You can do better, break up with her Mark!

That girl is disgusting.

She should just kill herself.

Bullies. These fans were bullies. But they were also cowards, speaking from behind a screen, and I shouldn’t let their words hurt me. Even so, the death threats and suicide wishes always got to me. I couldn’t understand how someone could be heartless enough to tell a person anything like that. They don’t even know me!

“Whatcha doin?” Mark asked later in the day when he saw me scrolling on our now dry and functioning iPad.